Wednesday, June 10, 2009

another random update

I am so thrilled to be 29 weeks pregnant! It seems surreal and is such a different experience than the first time around. I am not ready to have this baby by any means, but no longer being in 'micropreemie' territory (23-27 weeks, under 2 lbs) really brings me some relief.

Now, I am still striving for as close to term as possible (I will not go past 36 weeks due to my classical uterine incision), but every day is a gift and I'll take each and every one of them. Believe it or not, I even count the hours. My favorite times of the day are waking up in the morning and going to bed at night; another day here, another one down. I am enjoying being with Cydney during the daytime too, but something about each sunrise and every sundown lifts my spirits andd allows me to breathe alittle easier.

Today, my doctor came in and gave me a big high-five, said he was proud of me, and told me he was thinking about sending me home sometime next week. I'm almost hesitant to say anything because he did say, "I'm not promising anything, but if nothing changes, it's a strong possibility." Whew, that would be a big decision to make...I'll be thinking and praying that God will lead us in the right direction. Will you pray with us?

I received another round of betamethasone (steroid injection to help mature the lungs) today. When I got the first round at 23 weeks, my doctor mentioned I would receive another round at 29 weeks. At that time, 29 weeks almost seemed an eternity away, an improbability. I am so thankful to be here. Have I mentioned that before?

Last night, Chris brought me Pei Wei for dinner (it's really good if you have never been there). My 'fortune' cookie made us laugh. It read, "A solid challenge will bring forth your finest abilities." I don't think my 'finest' ability is carrying babies; at this point I'd have to say I stink at it. I am really good at bed rest, though....does that count as a 'finer' ability? =)

And finally, Coy is schedule in one week from today for circumcision/possible hydrocele surgery. It will be done in the same hospital I'm in, so of course, I'll be wheeled down and stay with him the whole time. We've known he needed this for some time, and we can't put it off any longer. It's been scheduled since before I was on bed rest/in the hospital, and unfortunately, this was the first availability they had. No, it's not an emergency or anything, but due to his age, we really have to get it done or leave it alone. He's getting to a point where he's aware of his body (if you know what I mean) and we don't think we should wait any longer.

I am so scared for him to go back on a ventilator (they have to put him all the way under). I know his lungs are MUCH stronger now than when he was a 'baby', but still, I wish he didn't have to be intubated again. Will you please start to pray this surgery goes well (it's only suppose to last 30 min-1 hour at the most and he should be going home that same day) and Coy has no issues at all with the ventilator? I will feel better knowing that y'all are praying one week in advance!

As always, thanks for all your thoughts, prayers, comments, emails, & cards! We are so blessed by you.

Oh, and I forgot to mention...I went outside last weekend! And, can I say, that being outside in Houston is WAY overrated in June. It was HOT. Although it was nice to get some sunshine and breath fresh air, I think I'm liking the AC in my room just fine. =)

16 comments:

Crazy Family said...

Congratulations on 29 weeks! We'll be praying for Coy's surgery as well :)

Lauren said...

Yay, Ann Marie! I am SO glad you've made it to the 29 week mark! That is such a great milestone to get too.

I will be praying for little Coy. I'm sure he'll be fine with his procedure and recovery, but I will keep him in my prayers!

Snap said...

Congratulations on reaching 29 weeks. Will have Coy, you and Cydney in my thoughts. You *sound* so good! Brings a smile to my face.

Vickirdh said...

Ann Marie, you are so funny! I'm laughing out loud at my computer about your comment about being outside in Houston in June. I totally agree. It's way too hot! But I'm sure it was nice to get a little change of scenery. You and your family are always in my prayers. But I will step them up a notch or two and pray that Coy's procedure and recovery go well and that you'll be able to go home next week and all will still be ok. Congrats on 29 weeks! With love and prayers, Vicki

Barker Blog said...

Ann Marie,

I have been following your blog since coys arrival and have prayed for your family for the last year or so. I am not to big on comments but now is a must! CONGRATS on 29 weeks, that is so wonderful and I am sure it is such a great feeling to be past the micro preemie stage.
Also I love your name choice. I think Cydney is the perfect name.

I am so happy that Coy is doing so well, it brightens my day to read your blog and to read your positive words daily. Coy and Cydney are true blessings.

I will always continue to pray for Coy and Cydney.

If you ever need anything please let me know. (j.barker87@yahoo.com)
Also if you would like to check out my blog www.barkerfaam.blogspot.com.

Blessings,
Josie Barker

Kel said...

Maybe your "finest" ablitly isn't the carrying baby part...it is what come of it, being a wonderful momma! 29 weeks is great!

The Lemleys said...

You don't know me, but I've been following your blog for a long time. My sister(who went to college with your sister) told me about you when Coy was just a tiny dude, still in the hospital. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that my son had the same procedure that Coy is about to have (minus the circ because he had that done when he was born). He developed a hydrocele at about 18 mths and he had it corrected surgically at 20 mths. He had a tiny scar, about 1 inch long, which has now faded so much that you can barely tell it's there. He's 3 now. The whole procedure lasted maybe 30 minutes, from the time they took him from us in pre-op to when the Dr came and told us he was done. We went in at 8 and were home by 10! He didn't even have much pain. We gave him motrin and tylenol and he was fine. Anyway, I know that telling you not to worry is pointless, because you're a mom and you're going to worry, but hang in there. He's going to be just fine!
Congrats on 29 weeks. I'm counting the weeks with you!

Lisa said...

Fantastic job, Ann Marie! 29 weeks is huge! You and Cydney have come so far together! We will continue to pray for you and pray for Coy's upcoming surgery.

Tricia said...

Maybe the challenge is the pregnancy and the finer ability is your parenting!

Anonymous said...

We are all so proud of you Ree!! You are too funny, I was actually thinking it hasn't been THAT hot for June. YOu know we are praying, and saying extra prayers for the little man too!!!

Tina said...

My prayers are continuosly with you, Chris, and especially Cyndey and Coy! May God continue to send his blessing down upon you and keep you and your children safe and healthy!

August said...

Love you!!! xoxo! I think about you all the time... :o)

Missy said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! And, praise God you can keep your room as cold as you want and not worry about the bill. :)

Jennifer said...

So glad you made it to 29 weeks - congratulations! I'll be praying for more weeks and for sweet Coy during his surgery.

Jennifer Clardy

misty mac said...

Hooray for 29 weeks! I know those steroid shots hurt so bad...I had to get those with Brody and it was so bittersweet because I knew the baby needed it...but it HURT!! :) You are in our prayers everyday...
misty

Hilary said...

You are doing GREAT 30 weeks is just aroind the corner :) YEAH!! GO GIRL(S) :)