Sunday, June 7, 2009

a little of everything

On Thursday, I was (finally) taken off the mag and started on a terbuatline pump. The catheter is in my thigh, in the subcutaneous tissue, and there is a tiny tubing that is connected to a pump. The pump looks like a cell phone and it's attached to my pants. Overall, it's MUCH better than being connected to an IV and it doesn't hurt at all. The site has to be changed every 5 days, but hey, that's nothing compared to all the IVs. So far, the terbutaline is working. I am still contracting, but not quite as much, and having irritation to my uterus. We know it's not normal, but it's 'my normal', and that what they're really watching. The key to the puzzle is the cervix...as long as the contractions haven't caused dilation, we're doing good. And so far (*knock on wood*), I'm still closed.

Everything else is pretty much the same. Cydney is moving like crazy and kicking me all the time. It's also really cool to feel her get the hiccups! She hiccups for 5-15 minutes at least twice per day. I felt it for the first time at 26 weeks and knew instantly what it was. Two weeks later, I still put my hand on my belly every time to feel it. I love it. I am cherishing every movement, kick, hiccup--life is truly a miracle.

I searched the internet high & low for Cydney's bedding and furniture. I finally settled on this for her bedding (the fabric looks faded in this picture for some reason)...


and this for her crib...
I'm really excited to have that ordered and on it's way. Of course, it'll be a few weeks before it comes in, but at least it's taken care of!

As far as Coy goes, he's taking steps on his own now! He started standing up all by himself this past week, then began taking a few steps at a time. He took 5 steps last night! His therapist says it'll only be a few weeks before he's taken off! He is a ball of energy and I'm going to be chasing after him like crazy!

Thanks so much for all your love & support. Also, thanks for all the advice on the double strollers! I think I'm leaning towards the Double BOB right now...I am going to send Chris to test drive it first though. Or, maybe I'll send my sister or sister-in-laws...I think I trust their stroller opinions more than his! =)

Praying and praising for 29 weeks! Hope everyone has a great Monday!

13 comments:

amyoutlaw said...

Ann-Marie - Yeah for approaching 29 weeks. Love the bedding and crib. I was also going to add....my friend likes the city mini. It's ashame that the Right Start closed b/c they carried the double Bob, Phil and Ted's and the city mini....and the Macleran. Make sure they fold and unfold them. I think that's half the battle. LOL. Oh and pishposhbaby.com carries all of those and has personal reviews on most. I got my Phil and Ted's from them for $100 cheaper and they sent a free mommy hook. So check there prices on the Bob (I think they carry that one.)

Amy

MtnGirl said...

I'm so glad you are able to experience ALL the joys of pregnancy! I think the bedding and crib are fabulous for little Cydney. And then little Coy walking...wow! I always look forward to your updates!

Devon said...

love the bedding!

i have a single BOB and i LOVE it. it was our 6th stroller purchase because i hated the 5 before it...seriously, its amazing!

my little girl was born at 29w5d...long NICU stay but completely healthy today and an "easy" NICU stay. yay! look how far you've come!

Amanda said...

The bedding is so cute! I love the rosettes on the bed skirt. And the crib is great.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new stuff for Cydney! It is so cute. I am glad to hear that things are going so well. I am so excited for you and your family and am praising God as I continue to pray for you all.

Unknown said...

i found u in the luphers blog i have charge synddrome like elle and im 23 you all r amazing each special person is a miracle and i lvoer followign people like you hugs ellen

Tina said...

This is the double stroller I have: Kolcraft Contours®
Options® Tandem

The seats both recline and the footrests are adjustable. You can face the both backwards, forwards, away from each other or towards each other!

The only downside is that it is heavy to put in the car. You have to be somewhat strong.

We've been using this stroller for 8 months and I love it!

Ashley said...

Ree, I LOVE the beautiful bedding for Cydney!I really, really enjoyed seeing Chris this weekend at Kyle's wedding. He couldn't stop talking about you and Coy. He is a very proud husband and daddy, you were terribly missed. I am looking forward to Charlie and Coy meeting and playing (while I hold Cydney) in the future when life settles down for the Kolkhorst fam! Love yall very much...

Missy said...

That bedding is SUPER cute. Ellison's room is pink and green and well and I love it!

Rebecca said...

We also are fans of pink and green. Glad you are portable!

abby said...

I'm thrilled to see that you are closing in on 29 weeks. I am praying that you and Cydney make it WELL into the 30s.

We have the Phil & Ted stroller and really like it. It's the only double that will fit through our insanely narrow doors, and it rides like a dream even with two kids in it and pretty full panier bags (since you give up the bottom space to the kids when you use it as a double). It's very modular but we've had to make sure that we have all of the pieces with us and don't leave the belly bar places since they would be a pain to replace. Plus it does come in cool colors and I managed to find it (forget where now...) for about 100 dollars less than everyone else was selling it for. And, at least around here, they have a very good resale value (should it outlast our two girls!)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love your bedding and crib!!! i have the one with the toppers in black. I like your style, very pretty taste!

Jason and Shari said...

I love the bedding. Where did you find it? Congrats on everything.