Thursday, April 23, 2009

test results and such

Good news to report...fFN is negative and cervix is unchanged!

Basically, this means that I am NOT in preterm labor and the contractions I'm having are not productive (meaning they're not doing much of anything other than making my uterus hard). The negative fFN test is highly predictive that I will NOT go into labor and have less than 1% of delivering in the next two weeks. I will be tested again at 24 weeks, and every two weeks thereafter. Peace of mind is a wonderful thing, y'all.

Many, many pregnant women have contractions throughout pregnancy which can be harmless and are called Braxton Hicks. However, with my history of delivering at 23 weeks into pregnancy, my doctor can't take a chance that my contractions are 'harmless'. As long as I'm only contracting once or twice per hour and they're not becoming more intense/more frequent, all should be okay. But then again, things can change quickly, which is why I'm being so closely monitored in the hospital. The more time I'm here (at the hospital) means the less time Baby Sister will be (in the NICU). I will do anything for her.

Thanks for all the continued love, support, and prayers! We pray that Baby Sister stays in the mommy incubator for much longer, but we trust in God's plan. Regardless, He knows best and His plans and ways are better than ours.

Coy came for another visit today. He had the biggest smile on his face when he came into my room; it was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. In the two weeks that I've been gone, he's grown and changed SO much. He looks like a little man now, I can't believe it. He took a nap while here and slept in my arms for over an hour. I could have never imagined loving something so much.

I have a few prayer requests today and would be humbled if you would lift us up to the Lord. Coy has been waking up at night with a cough for a few weeks now; his Pediatrician thinks he may have allergies (his lungs are clear), but he also has an ear infection. Please pray that his cough subsides and his ear infection clears up. Also, (this may be TMI for some) I have that watery discharge again. I'm back on antibiotics to treat it; please pray for it to go away and for me to stay free of infection.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9


9 comments:

Lauren said...

Glad to hear that you got more good news today. I bet it was nice seeing your little man today too. I will keep you all in my prayers. Stay in there a lot longer little sister!

Anonymous said...

Such good news! Poor Coy. It is no fun when little kids are sick! I will pray for him and for you to continue to do so well.

MtnGirl said...

I was glad to read your fFN is negative and your cervix is still long. I hope Baby Sister stays put for a good while still! I'm glad you got to see Coy today - he is a cutie! Many prayers and warm thoughts!

Ann Glowacki said...

Ann Marie,

I haven't posted in a while, but I've been reading your blog and praying that everything continues to go well for you, Chris, and Coy! I'm so sorry that you're on bedrest in the hospital, but it sounds like you've got such a wonderful support system at home! That's wonderful Chris stays there often and you get to see Coy everyday... he's such a cutie! He's turning into such a big boy! I would love to come visit you sometime, bring you some treats (chocolate?!) and bring Jaxson if that's ok... I'll e-mail you about it. I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you, excited for you guys and praying that baby sister stays put a LONG time! Sounds good so far, glad to hear about the good test results! Take care, Ann Marie, I'll be in touch!

Love,
Ann

Jason and Shari said...

Like always you are in our prays, but we will lift the extra special ones up for you.

Amanda said...

PTL for the favorable test results!

amaysingfam said...

Ann Marie, that is awesome news about the results. Yea baby sister! Stay where you are. I will be praying for you little mans ear infection and cough. My little guy also wakes with an aweful cough that I am not sure of. I hope Coy feels better soon. Thinking of you all.

Tricia said...

Yay for good news! I hope you are having a good day today!

Hilary said...

Yeah that is great news :)