Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hello from the hospital

This will be brief since I'm currently without my computer and writing from my iPhone. Just wanted to update and let everyone things are good. I have a really nice, big room that over looks the Houston Zoo, so I'm not in a dungeon or anything. I have an IV with magnesium sulfate running (a medicine that's used to stop contractions). It is making me feel flushed, loopy, and nauseous, but other than that, I'm good. Contractions haven't stopped completely, but my doctor is monitoring me 24/7 and so far isn't concerned with what he's seeing. Hopefully, we'll be able to stop the mag in a day or two, then go to the terbutaline pump.

I just returned from an ultrasound and the tech was nice and revealed info to me (usually they won't tell you a thing and wait for the doctor to let you know). She was the same one who measured my cervical length 2 weeks ago, and today it is still long (she said "great") at 3.5cm. That you Jesus! Also, she measured all the baby's organs and all looks good. Baby sister was yawning and sucking her thumb! She is so weighing in at a whopping 12 oz, only 8 oz smaller than what her big brother was born at. Crazy.

Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement. Sorry I haven't/returned any emails in the past few days, I am hoping to get my computer in the next day or so, then will do that!

Please continue to pray thay my contractions stop, cervix stays nice and long, and I stay free of infection. I read 2 Corinthians 12:10 this morning and it spoke volumes to me: "Therefore I am well content with weakness, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

9 comments:

Crystal Renee said...

Stay Strong!!!!

Lauren said...

I'm praying for you. Hang in there; I know how horrible mag is!

Lauren

Anonymous said...

Glad you are resting and that everything is looking good so far. Still praying.

amaysingfam said...

I am still praying for you and am glad everything looks good so far. Also I pray you make it to 35 weeks, just like you keep hearing.
God Bless you.

Smileyface said...

I don't know you but have kept up on your blog. I am praying and BELIEVING God will hold you all close in this season and His great purposes will be revealed.
Laura

Tara Trevino said...

3.5 there is your 35! god is good!!!

amyoutlaw said...

Ann-Marie - I passed by you today on my way to the Childrens' Museum (off the chain, btw) but had no idea that you were at Hermann. Next time I'm going to stop off and say hi or at least honk "hi" to you! LOL. Hang in there. I hear that the mag drip isn't too much fun. Yucky, yuck. What's your mailing address? I'd love to send you something to "pep" you up. My email is

amyoutlaw@yahoo.com

I'm not a crazy person (well just a little, LOL), I'm Rhys' aunt, Cody's older sis (but still look pretty darn good, I must say!)

Amy

Hilary said...

How sweet that she was sucking her thumb :) Keep keeping on Ann Maire! Praying for you and your family :)

Jessica said...

I will praying that everything goes smoothly for you. It's a bummer that you are at the hospital but it's wonderful to know that Coy is in great hands!!

My Mom was able to meet him this morning at bible study at KLC this morning...I am slightly jealous!!!!