Saturday, April 11, 2009

day 4

I am finally settled in here and used to the idea of 'living' in a hospital. The worst part was adjusting to the constant IV and lugging it to the bathroom with me every 30 minutes. I now feel like an old pro and wheel it around without difficutly, however, the scary part occurs after I get to the bathroom and look in the mirror! Ahh! My doctor came in on Thursday and said, "yeah, you look like you're on Magnesium." Gee, thanks buddy! I really could have leaped from this bed and slapped him. Haha! (Not that I could care 2 cents about what I look like right now...)

I'm on 2mg Mag Sulfate with IV fluids continuously. The 4 mg was horrible, however, the 2mg isn't bothersome. I'm also being constantly monitored for contractions--usually having 1 or 2 per hour. They are not painful at all, but feel like my stomach is rock hard. The Mag Sulfate is suppose to relax the uterine muscle and keep it from tightening, but my uterus has a mind of it's own! As long as the contractions aren't causing cervical changes, we're good. I will be checked again on Monday and praying that nothing has changed from earlier this week.

I've had lots of visitors lately, which of course, I love! Chris & Coy have come almost everyday. Coy seems to turn into a 'fussy bucket' here, but I can't blame him, there's nothing for him to play with. He is eating better and doing awesome with all the great are he's getting from daddy, his Grandmas, and Aunts. I'm so thankful for that!

We are doing are best to keep fixated on the Lord and walk by faith instead of sight. We know that our God is in total and complete control. Hebrews 11:1 says, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Thanks for the continued support and prayers. We're truly humbled.

4 comments:

amyoutlaw said...

Ann - Marie - You need a ticker so we can keep up with how far along you are.

Amy

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your contractions are under control so that they could lower your dose of mag. Your faith continues to be an example to me. Hang in there!

Lauren said...

Hang in there Ann Marie! Hope you can manage to have a Happy Easter today.

- Lauren

Coolestmommy said...

Praying for all of you! Wish I could be there to help with Coy, too!

Praying, praying, praying!!!

Much love,
Robyn (and family)