Monday, April 27, 2009

3 weeks

Thanks to everyone praying for Coy. He is still sick with fever (101.5 today), but thankfully, acting more like himself. Although, he's not back 100%, I'm hoping it wont be too much longer. He's my heart and soul and I hate that he's not feeling good.

Tomorrow marks 3 weeks in the hospital. I have left this room 3 times, each for an hour, up one floor to the ultrasound room. My constant companion has been Mr. IV pole. I had a dream the other night that I went to Target...with my IV pole. I remember being confused about how to get my pole in the car. I mean, really, does that mean I've been here too long?

I have good days and bad days (as far as the uterine irritability/contractions go) and today has been a bad day. I've been having more contractions than normal with lots of irritability. They just drew a Mag level on me to see if the levels are therapeutic in my blood. If not, I'll be getting a bolus of Magnesium for dinner (can you sense my sarcasm?). I've been told by a nurse or two that I "pee a lot and have great kidneys." I'll trade someone a 'great' kidney for a uterus. I am not kidding.

I am 23 weeks on Wednesday, thank God! Baby Sister is kicking all the time and such an active little thing. It's so awesome to feel her movements; I'm not taking a moment for granted. If you will, please pray for me this week. It is anxiety-rearing to think what 22w6d brought with Coy's pregnancy: ruptured membranes. I am reassured knowing that God is present now, just like He was then. And, He is good, always!

P.S. Thanks to everyone who supported Team Coy financially and physically this weekend! I was moved to tears to see how many of you showed up at the walk and ordered t-shirts! We couldn't be more loved!

P.S.S. Anyone tired of the Swine Flu talk yet? I am!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it has been three weeks. I bet you are stir crazy. I know I would be. The anxiety and hope of moving beyond the 23 week mark must be overwhelming. I am praying for you and your family.

Lauren said...

YAY for 23 weeks! Are they going to give you a steroid shot to help develop Baby Sister's lungs soon?

I wanna say that I can't imagine what it's like to be in a hospital 3 weeks straight, but I can. I know it's sooo hard, but it is all worth the sacrifices for your little one. Keep up the positive thinking.

Glad to hear Coy is mostly better!

Have a good night. Are you going to watch Dancing With The Stars? I am!

Lauren

Coolestmommy said...

Praying and praising that we're hitting the 23 week mark.

And yes, I'm sick and tired of swine flu talk. Blah, blah, blah!

Praying, praying, praying for you, Chris, Coy and Sis!

Robyn

Todd Kolkhorst said...

yes, i'm really tired of the swine flu talk! it gets really annoying really quick... and there's not even any cases in Houston! ahh!

P.S. I put together some video clips from the walk. I asked mandy to fwd it to you, but let me know if you didn't get it, and I'll try to send you a copy!

MtnGirl said...

Just a note to say I was thinking of you and hope you aren't too bored this a.m. I'm glad your uterus and cervix are "behaving" and hope they continue! And tell little mister Coy to keep getting well!

Enough about the Swine Flu already!!!!! :-)

Aimee' said...

Aww, poor baby Coy! Hope he feels better soon!! And you too!

I feel "stalker-ish" leaving comments but just wanted to let you know I've been praying for Coy since he was born.

Is there anything you need at the hospital? I'd be more than happy to mail stuff to you! Books...DVD's...music...

Chris & AnnMarie said...

Don't feel stalker-ish! We are so blessed to have you're prayers and support!

It is so sweet of you to offer to send me stuff! For now, I have plenty to keep me busy. I think my room is turning into a library! Ha!

Thanks again though! We are so appreciative!