Thursday, February 5, 2009

sick update/ pictures

I have taken some pictures of Coy the past day or so. By looking at them, you'd never know he was sick. He is still active and his usual energetic self. He does have a junky cough today and his nose is still flowing with snot! We are doing albuterol nebulizer treatments every 4 hours while he's awake and he is not liking those too much! Surprisingly, he has slept through the night for 2 nights in a row (and in his crib!) and is still satting great according to our pulse ox. I can tell he has 'lost' his voice and only hear these squeaks when he's trying to say something. I'm so thankful that he's doing as well as he is. I think my heart sank into my stomach yesterday when the Pedi told me she suspected he had RSV. It was always stressed to us how contracting RSV can land him back on a ventilator in the hospital. I guess the doctor could read my face because she told me over and over "don't freak out, he's going to be okay." Thanks for all the prayers & support, we are so appreciative!



Love baths! (He almost splashes all the water out of the tub!)

His new favorite thing to do...
"catching" the water...


Daddy & "mini-me"




Look at that face! So sad! =(

8 comments:

amy said...

Coy is SO CUTE!!! I'm so sorry he has RSV-- thank goodness for synagis. Praying he gets better soon!

amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

I can't believe how much Coy looks like Chris! Sorry he is sick, but I'm sure it's a good sign he is acting pretty normal!!

Tricia said...

Poor guy. I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

While we have never dealt with RSV, Emmi gets bronchial infections about once a month. How does Coy handle the breathing treatments? Emmi was such a bear at that age when we had to do them!

Anonymous said...

Jenna hated the neb treatments too!!! It amazes me to see how strong they fight when they don't like something!! He is beautiful!! I just love his big smile and his little cheeks!!
Still praying for you guys!!!!
Love you all bunches,
Meg

August said...

Your right on about the "mini-me" of Chris! Coy's eyes are beautiful!! Hope Coy gets better soon! How's your pregnancy going? Miss you!

Chris & AnnMarie said...

Trisha,
Coy hates the breathing treatments! It takes two of us, one to pin him down, the other to hold the mask on his face! I hate doing it, but I know it's helping him!

Lilye said...

Came across your blog. I love the layout. I pray for Coy. My son had RSV when he was 12 months. He is now 11 years old. It was tough and for us scary. It hit so quickly and he hated doing the treatments also.

I pray for him.