Thursday, February 12, 2009

feeling better!

I'm so thankful that Coy is feeling better! We returned to the Pediatrician yesterday for a follow up/ synagis shot and she said his ears & lungs were clear! We also can stop the albuterol treatments, and only do them as needed! Thanks so much for all your prayers!

Tuesday we had Coy's second Speech Therapy appointment (we missed last week). He is struggling a bit with the food department lately. Our therapist recommended he be evaluated by an Occupational Therapist for possible sensory issues Coy is having. It seems, at times, he is willing to put anything into his mouth, except food. Although, the past few days, he has been much better. Please pray for Coy to overcome any issues he's having with eating and for us to help him with these. I am really thankful we have these professionals to help get us through! When your child doesn't eat, and there's not obvious reason, it can become frustrating!

Today I had two appointments: one with my OBGYN and another with a MFM (Maternal Fetal Medicine). At the second appointment, we had a super-duper high powered ultrasound and got to see the baby in great detail! It was awesome! Baby #2 was bouncing all over the place, waving arms and legs, and kicking everywhere. Everything looked great and we heard Baby's heartbeat loud and clear! During the ultrasound, the doctor zoomed in on Baby's tiny hand; she said, "Look, he's doing Hook 'em Horns." If you've followed Coy's story from when he was born, you've probably seen this picture of Coy doing the same exact hand motion back when he was a few weeks old....


We later said Coy was telling us "I love you". I just smiled, and thought, this is no coincidence that Baby #2 is telling us the same thing. =) (They printed an U/S pic of Baby #2 doing this, but I can't upload it!)

Here are some pics from this week...

(BTW, the reason the books on the coffee table look like such a mess is because Coy pulls them off the shelf at least 3 times daily! I have stopped making them look pretty and just throw them back when he's doing playing!)





7 comments:

Candice said...

How funny. Rhys did the same thing with his hands, but we never took a picture of it in case it got into the wrong hands (my brother-in-law who is a Longhorn). Can't encourage him to cheer for the wrong team ya know. ;o) Glad to hear baby #2 is doing great.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ann Marie and Chris! I'm soooo glad Coy is feeling better. The pix look great! He's such a happy fellow. But I love the progression of pix on the horse. First it looks like, "Oh, Mom's got the camera out." Then the next one, "Hmmm. I think I might show off." Then, "Hey, everyone (with his big ol' smily face)." Then "Look, I'm a big boy." Just precious. Then in the pic w/o the horse, his face is just BEAMING! What a joy to watch!

So glad the ob-gyn appts. are going well. Love the "hook 'em horns/ I love you" thing. That's so cool that they could see that on your ultrasound. It's great to hear your enthusiasm about everything that's going on with this pregnancy that you might have missed the first time around. I'm not sure what month they start doing those things so I'm not sure if you ever got to have an ultrasound before.

I continue to keep the 3 of you in my prayers. I pray that Coy will get his act together with his eating. I'm sure he'll overcome this as he has everything else.

With love and prayers, Vicki

Amy said...

I have a non-preemie, healthy, boy that had eating issues. He wouldn't eat solid foods when he was supposed to. We ended up having to have a lot of therapy with a speech therapist and someone else. They determined he didn't have anything anatomically wrong, he just didn't want to eat anything not smooth. Based on their recommendations, we got a food grinder, it's manual and costs about $15 at babies r us. It got him to eat several foods he wouldn't eat before. Eventually he started eating regular foods. He's 18 months now and we don't have problems anymore. Hang in there! I know how frustrating it is to see your child reject all his food. My son's big thing he used to do was he would put just about anything in his mouth, chew on it, then spit it out. Wouldn't swallow a thing, and it just broke my heart to see that over and over and over with everything we gave him.

Missy said...

I haven't been here in a long time and WOW! Look at that big boy! With those big blue eyes!!

SO amazing. You are a very blessed momma.

Melissa M. Williams said...

I'm glad to hear that Coy is feeling better. You all have been in my thoughts often this week, and I realized its been a while since I've logged in. Glad to be back and praying for you all. Love you guys!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear both of you are doing well, and hopefully its just a phase (the eating thing). I love his cute little smile with his little teeth! Such a big boy.

Tricia said...

Sorry the food issues aren't resolving quickly. I know what a stress it can be. It's one thing to have sensory issues with, let's say, clothing, but food! Ah! Emmi's is a combination of both mechanical problems and sensory. She basically has developped sensory issues AFTER struggling due to the mechanical problems. Even though, she is better and can handle a lot of the foods, she still doesn't like the things that she used to have problmes with. Make sense? It is a pain. I hope he is able to work through it quickly.

How are you feeling?