Thursday, February 19, 2009

ST/OT/First word!

This week, in addition to Speech Therapy, Coy was evaluated by an Occupational Therapist. She was so sweet and I really feel she will be a big help. We are going to see her once per week to see if we can make some strides in Coy's eating/sensory needs. He has been doing 99% better the past week as far as sitting in his high chair and actually finishing all his meal. The therapists thought it was best to back down from 'table food' and go back to purees (which he does great on). So, along with puffs on his tray, he will finish all the baby food I can get in him! I am very optimistic that we will get him on the right track quickly. Despite his eating woes, he is hanging around 19 lbs (which isn't huge, but we'll take it all things considered). We are trying different sippy cups and straws to help with the transition from the bottle as well. Please continue to pray for Coy's eating to develop and mature!

On a good note, he's been sleeping in his bed for the past few weeks! Now, we still have the occasional bad night where he'll wake up several times, but lately, it's been pure sleeping bliss for the 3 of us! Coy is in bed by 9 and doesn't make a peep until 7:30am! Woohoo!

Coy is maturing before our eyes. Chris will come home some days and say "he's grown up since I left this morning!" For the first time last night, he started pushing his walking toy! He was so proud of himself and just grinned at us as he pushed it by. He's still figuring it out and is still unsteady when taking steps, but it was a first!

Another first we had this week was he said his first word: 'bye-bye'. We were leaving my parents' house on Sunday and my mom said 'bye-bye Coy'. He looked at her and said 'bye-bye'. After we got home, he said it several more times, and on Monday morning when I picked him up out of his crib, he said it again! It was really cute!

On pregnancy news, I had my cerclage placed yesterday morning. It wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated. The only bad thing about it (I guess depending on how you look at it) is that they put you under all the way. Before I knew it, they were waking me up after everything was done. I've been taking it easy since and will continue to do so for the next few days. Thank goodness for Grandma's! =)

I don't really have any good pictures to upload this week. I took a photography class last weekend, and I thought I learned something, but really I just got more confused!

Here are some pictures of Coy eating a dog bone (don't worry, it wasn't for longer than a few seconds)! We try to keep the bones/food out of his reach, but it never fails that he finds something he shouldn't have! Our dogs love people food/Coy's toys, and our he loves dog toys/bones/food. Go figure! =)






8 comments:

Juliette said...

Ryan likes to chew on dog bones too!

Lauren said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with me. Coy is a beautiful little boy!

Lauren

Anonymous said...

this is so funny! I can not tell you how many times I have gagged out because I found my dog and Jackson chewing the same bone! So sick, but so funny. I love that you took pictures of this!

Ann Glowacki said...

Hey, it looks like a good and indestructible teether! :) Glad all is well... Coy is adorable, he and Jaxson have matching p.j.s! I'm so happy all is well with you too... I keep thinking about you. Take care,

Ann

Anonymous said...

Coy is so beautiful! You should be so proud of his progress, it is nothing short of amazing to watch him grow.

Tricia said...

We once found Emmi sitting in front of the tv with the dog bowl in her lap, popping in her mouth kibbles like it was popcorn! Mmmm..yummy.

Tricia said...

Ooops..that was supposed to be "popping kibbles in her mouth." Not enough coffee this morning, apparently...my brain is not working fast enough.

Coolestmommy said...

Praying for you and glad the procedure went well.

As for the dog bone--I won't tell on you if you won't tell on me. I swear I didn't really let my daughter pick up the goldfish she spilled at church and eat them anyways. Isn't there a 10 minute rule??