Saturday, August 9, 2008

Guess who decided to eat rice cereal today??


Today I decided to be brave and attempt the rice cereal again. I took the advice of my mom and mixed in alittle applesauce. The boy ate 1 tbsp of cereal (mixed with 3 tbsp of formula) and quickly! I couldn't get it in his mouth quick enough! He loved it! He even grabbed the spoon several times and tried to get it into his mouth. After that, he took a 5 oz bottle and sucked down every drop! Of course, he was a mess, but it was so much fun, I didn't even care! And he weighed in at 14 lbs 1 oz this morning!

I am so relieved that he took his cereal so well. Thanks for all your encouragement and support; I love getting all your advice!

8 comments:

Rhondi said...

Yea!

meredith said...

Way to go Coy!1 My kids loved rice ceral with peaches in it!!

Anonymous said...

So exciting! sometimes the combination of applesauce and cereal can be very constipating...hopefully not in Coy's case. :)

Melissa M. Williams said...

Yea for Coy! By the looks of it, he's thinking ... "Mom, why didn't you let me try this apple stuff sooner?!?" He just wanted a little flavor! :O) I'm so happy to hear that the doctor said Coy's eyes are looking great. What a blessing!

amyoutlaw said...

Coy - Good job!
Amy

abby said...

Congratulations, Coy! This is wonderful news. I celebrate so much whenever I read that a baby of ours does a nice job with his or her food. And Coy is a star!

Anonymous said...

Ann Marie,

I have kept up with your story since I saw it on Suzi's blog. I can't believe how big he has gotten! He is just so precious. I love keeping up with your story. Your faith is always such a strength to me.

Love,
Allison

August said...

He eats just like his mommy! haha! kidding! I am so glad that Coy enjoyed his meal! :o) Love yall!