Saturday, April 26, 2008

Off topic....I've been tagged....

I have been summoned by Robyn from Nebraska in this blog world game of "tag"...I guess I will play along since I'm so thankful for all her thoughts and prayers!

Here are the rules:

  • Link to the person who tagged you
  • Post the rules on your blog
  • Write six random things about yourself
  • Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
  • Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog
  • Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

Six random things about us (in case anyone cares...=)):

1) I am an introvert, I like to observe, think and listen, not really talk. I actually HATE talking on the phone. So if you call me and I don't answer, it's not you, it's me. =)

2) In my 10 years of driving, I have NEVER been pulled over for any reason. I guess it's the (fake) blonde hair, I dunno...

3) I hate cooking...I'm actually terrified of it...I once caught chicken on fire in my apartment kitchen, and I mean, FLAMES and the whole apartment filled with black smoke....so, I refrain myself from it these days, I would hate to burn our new house down...Chris is actually a wonderful cook and he usually does the grocery shopping too...I'm lucky, right? He does the cookin, I do the cleaning...

4) Coy's name was discovered in a Baby Name Book of all places! No special meaning, we just liked it! (and I can't tell you how many people asked us if we named him after a fish! that's Koi, not Coy! and why would I seriously name my son after a fish?)

5) Chris grew up playing baseball, played collegiate baseball at Rice University, won the NCAA National Championship in 2003, and played in the San Diego Padres organization for 2 years before retiring to move back to Houston permanently.

6) Chris and I reconnected at "The Library." We graduated from high school together as friends, but didn't keep in touch through college. We saw each other again randomly in Austin, Texas (I went to THE University of Texas @ Austin) in a BAR called The Library! This is where he told me he was going to date me, but I just thought he was full of it! I guess he was right!

I am tagging:

Kelly, Erin, Stephanie, Tracey, and Julie..

4 comments:

Emily said...

Small world. I was in the nursing school at UT but took a break when Dakota was born. I am hoping to go back this next year and finish up.

Coolestmommy said...

Ann Marie,
You are so sweet to actually post the blog tag. However, I find it interesting that I now have more babies to pray for (I clicked all the links).
Praying for you, Chris & Coy.
Much love!!!
Robyn

Jodi said...

I am an introvert too who dislikes cooking (and loves to sleep.) What are the odds? I have been pulled over, however, but I got off with a warning. . .

You and your family continue to be in our prayers

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in our prayers. My mother told me about your blog as our daughter was due the same time Coy was in March. Coy is so handsome!!! May God bless you all!!