Wednesday, April 23, 2008

7 lbs!

Our little man now weighs 7lbs! He's even grown out of some of his clothes! I was so excited! He's in-between Preemie and Newborn sizes right now. I just love dressing him everyday! We've had a great time just "hanging out" together this past week or so. It's so nice to not have any appointments. We do go back to Dr. Hittner tomorrow for a check-up--please continue to pray for total healing of Coy's eyes.

I was so scared to stay home with Coy after our neighbors house was broken into two days ago. They kicked in the front door and stole the plasma T.V. and some very special jewelery--all while their alarm was going off. The police were dispatched by the alarm company as a "motion alarm" in the house, so they thought it was a pet. They didn't show up for 1 hr 15 minutes! So, the intruders were long gone by then. It's so unfortunate that this has been occurring more often in our area. Apparently, they are targeting homes that no one is home during the day. I was just freaked out to think someone could have been lurking around my house too, and possibly saw me inside! It's sad there are some seriously bad people in this world. I guess you can't be too cautious no matter where you live!

Anyway, here are some recent pics...

"Oh Mom, please take these glasses off me, I'm not a doll..."








And Coy wants to say, "Happy Birthday Aunt Mandy and Uncle Matthew!"....

11 comments:

Tricia said...

He looks so big and strong now!

And how scary about your neighbors. My car was broken into a few months back in our driveway. Our dogs were barking like crazy, and I got up to quiet them down without even checking to see what they were barking at! They didn't get away with much, I was able to get my cards cancelled before they spent much more than twenty dollars. It was just an odd feeling knowing someone had been in my car, going through my stuff and the kids.

Juliette said...

Coy is so adorable. I just love reading about him and seeing all the great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Julie

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that he is 7lbs. He is getting so big. i love it when you post new pictures of him.

God Bless.

Shari Cagle

Creative Escape said...

What a cute little man you have there! They grow so stinkin fast, don't they! Cherish every minute. . .

Saying prayers for a great apt tomorrow!

Hugs,

Jen

Coolestmommy said...

Asking for forgiveness in advance.

OK--you've just been tagged. Check it out at:
www.coolestmommy.blogspot.com

Esperanza said...

Hey stop dressing me up mommy...so funny.. He looks like he were more than 10 pounds...he looks huge...He probably is going to stay on that weigh for a while...it happened to us with liam... he weighted 8 pounds for a long long time... jaja.. but seriously... I can not wait to meet him in person... Is it already 6 weeks??? We so want to hug him and kiss him... he is such a cutie... Hey... about the neighbors...unbelievable... I am very sad for Will's stuff, I know it meant the world to him... Thanks goodness nobody where there... I can not imagine what would you do with Coy... Do not worry about that...You know that Coy has an army of angels all the time around him... to protect him and all your beautiful family..do not even think about that...
we sent our love...
Esperanza Orlando & Liam...
Awesome news about Baby Mckenzie... We keep praying girl...

Jeri said...

Sorry Little Man Coy, but you ARE a doll! Those chubby cheeks look good enough to just pinch!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

What a cutie !!!! I love the cheeks, its a premmie thing, they all seem to have them. We love Dr. Hittner, she has done all of Kirby's surgeries. I dont know what we will do when she retires. I keep telling her she is the only one who can touch Kirby's eyes so she will have to get a room at the hospital!! Kirby used to call her "Dr. Hitman" , she would always laugh and say well that maybe a true statement. It is amazing to think about how many children she has helped over the years. So sorry to hear about your neighbors house. It was a little to close to home for you guys. Coy looks absolutely adorable in the pics. What a cutie!
Blessings,
Brandie Noles
San Antonio, TX

Steph V said...

PRECIOUS!!! He is such a doll and those cheeks are just the cutest thing! I can not believe he is getting to big!!! WOW! I know what you mean about getting dressed everyday. I dress Kenz everyday regardless if we are leaving the house or not!!! JD always ask where we are going and I say "No where! Everyday is a fashion show for your sister!" JD runs around in underwear all day! LOL!!

I can't believe that about your neighbors. We are right next door in Stone Gate and I always get a little freaked out when my dogs go crazy. If someone is gonna breakin, PLEASE let it be when I am not here!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this blessing.

Bret

Anonymous said...

We are so thankful that Coy is continuing to gain weight.He looks adorable.He is a miracle,Thank you Jesus.We will continue to pray for all the prayer requests especially his eyes for total healing.I will also pray for you to have no anxiety about the local break ins in your neighbourhood and Ill also pray for the Lord to protect your home and your family always and keep you all safe and from harm."This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it"