Thursday, March 6, 2008

GOOD DAY!

"I know that my Redeemer lives." Job 19:25

God continues to bless Coy (and us) in ways I could have never imagined. To look back at where we started just overwhelms me with emotion.

Coy was weaned to 1/10 of a liter of oxygen today! His doctor wrote an order to increase him to 100% O2 and wean the liter flow. They have to do this because the "take home O2 tanks" deliver 100% oxygen only; the hospital has what they call a "blender" so he can be on any liter flow and they can adjust the oxygen he receives btw 21-100%; at home, we can't do this, so we have to find his "happy place" with the liter flow. So he started at 1L and sated high, so she turned him to 1/2L and he still sated high; so she turned him to 1/4L and he still sated high; so finally he was at 1/8 L and he still sated high--this is the lowest it could go! So his nurse called the doctor back and asked him what he wanted to do--(remember doctor told me before that if he got to 1/8L 02 and taking 8 bottles we'd be out the door)--so he wanted to find a flow meter that would go to 1/10L. They had to go to the Pedi floor to find this; he was on room air for awhile and sated okay; but for now he is happy on 1/10 L oxygen.

He also took ALL 8 BOTTLES today! So we're at 1/10L and 8 bottles. Pretty amazing day. He is the cutest bottle feeder ever. He burps so loud and his face has such a look of relief after it gets it out. He gets so tired after eating; I just held him all afternoon. He slept on me and I could hardly breathe. Not because he's heavy (4lb3oz) but because I can't believe this is real. I can't believe it. We just cuddled together for hours.

Please continue to pray for our baby boy. Pray for total healing of his body. Pray for no desats or bradys; for healing of any damage to his brain; for healing of his eyes; for continued growth; for maturing of his lungs...

Here are some pictures from today! Notice his NG (feeding) tube was removed! Yes, he looks just like Chris!



22 comments:

TK said...

He just continues to amaze us all! Home sweet home is coming soon....and I can't wait for your family for this moment. It's awesome. Take care - Tracey

Ann Glowacki said...

Wonderful news!!! He is so adorable, and I'm sure those burps can be heard all the way down the hall... Jaxson was the king of the massive burps too! (for little guys they sure can make big noises!) I am so happy for you guys and I'm so looking forward to the day your little guy gets to sleep in his own bed at home! Congrats and lots of hugs for all 3of you!

Love,
Ann, Shawn, and Jaxson

Anonymous said...

I can feel your excitement! Coy is a perfect example to show all of us how God can bless and amaze us. Coy is so adorable. I love the chubby cheeks. Hallelujah on a wonderful day!
Continued Prayers
Melissa

Destini said...

I've been checking in for quite some time now and am amazed at how he is progressing...he has chunked right out! Just the way he should be! Still praying for your list of concerns and rejoicing in the prayers answered. Yeah Coy!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!! As we Irish say, God Bless him! Great news all around.

Erin said...

Congrats on such awesome news! And yes, he sure does look like Chris :)
Erin

Esperanza said...

We are very happy...I knew that with love and praying everything should be alright... I can not wait to see him in his room... he is just like Chris...so handsome.... guapo...yeah... God bless your little peanut....
We keep praying every day..he is getting so big... We all are so happy..he is such a fighter... He needed you and you were there all the time... you Ann Marie are such a good mother...I wish I were like you... but we all live to learn and watching you getting stronger and wise by the day, inspired me everyday to be better and enjoy my little baby too .. thanks Ann marie for being such a huge inspiration for all of us...
We all love you and admire you...
Esperanza Penaloza

Anonymous said...

The Healing Power of God is Working within Coy!!!!!!

Kim Gannon said...

Praise God for all that HE has done. I rejoice with you all! What a wonderful testimony of God's power and love! Coy is absolutely precious and I know you and Chris are so excited about bringing him home. You have so many people excited with you.

Anonymous said...

That is such GREAT news. Soon you will be writing that he is going home! Yes, he does look like his Daddy! I'm sure it was an amazing time for you to just sit and hold him and listen to him burp! :-) What a great way to start the day (for me)! God Bless ya'll real good!

Amanda said...

I am crying with happiness for you guys. Thank You, Lord, for all You've done and have yet to do!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day!!!I think I see a little chub! I love it! He is so precious!!! Lots of love and continued prayers for you and your family!
Love,
Ashley (Hayes) Farrell

Megan said...

Coy is so beautiful. You just want to pinch those cute cheeks of his. Praise God, he amazes me every time I read your blog. We will of course continue to pray for complete healing. Every day I can't wait to log in to hear the next miracle God gave us. Soon we will here you all packed up to go home. I can't wait to see pictures of him in his bedroom at home.
God Bless,
Megan

Anonymous said...

he is so cute! i love his little cheeks. God is so good and Coy is so blessed to have you as his mommy. Still Prayin...

Anonymous said...

He is an absolute DOLL!!! I could spend all day just pinching those chubby cheeks of his! I am so excited for you all and the talk of "when" he goes home not "if" just gives me chills. God bless you and Coy is definitely proof of that!!!

Aimee' said...

Ann Marie & Chris - I am a friend of Marissa (Conway) Hulett and she introduced me to your blog right after Coy was born and I have been reading it every morning and I even sent it to a friend of mine who is a NICU nurse at St.Josephs who is amazed at his progress...just as all of us are. I have prayed for your baby daily...and I am amazed each morning when I read your blog. He is sooo adorable and I just love his cheeks! =) I will continue to pray for him and both of you. God is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! With those chubby cheeks he looks just like Grandpa Kolkhorst! So cute!

Amy said...

Yall don't even know me. I clicked over to your site from Sabrina Gephardt's. Wow, I can't believe the roller coaster you've been on! I stumbled on some pictures of Coy when he was so little and just burst into tears! What a miracle that he's alive and that he's come so far! You've got quite the little fighter. I just wanted to let you know that in that moment I prayed very had for your little boy, and for your family. He's going to be perfect. And he is so very blessed to have such incredible, faithful parents. Will check back in, and pray often. -Amy Curry

Anonymous said...

Your post today made me tear up with joy. I am so happy little Coy is doing so well. He is such a miracle! The prayers continue...

Jenny said...

I am so excited for you guys! You will be home before you know it. Maybe by Mother's Day or sooner, but by Maother's Day would be wonderful too. Wait that is in May, that might be to far out. What about Easter or would that be to soon.

~j~ said...

Praising God for HIS Grace, Love and hand upon this precious son of HIS. 1 thess 5;16-18
You both are such loving, tender, strong parents. You continue to be an encouragement and blessing to many.
peace to your hearts,
julia

John Sherrill said...

Great Great Great news! We are so happy for all of you-- your entire sweet and amazing family!
Way to go Coy! You are doing so great!

much love-
John and Kelly, Jadon, Jack and kyle