Wednesday, March 5, 2008

miracle of life

"So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building." 1 Corinthians 3:7-9

Coy is now 4lb3oz! He has chubby cheeks and fat on his legs! His P/S (preemie small) diapers are fitting so snug! And he's filling out his clothes! Wow, wow, wow....how far God has brought us...His nurse today kept telling me how "small" he was...I was like, "oh no, he's BIG, you should have seen him at 1lb4oz!" I'll take 4lbs, that sounds good to me!

So Coy continues to defy the odds and baffle the doctors. They are in awe of him. All his nurses are telling me to "get ready" at home. I am at peace now; I have a feeling he will be home soon. They have told us from the beginning that "IF" he ever makes it out of the hospital, it would be "miraculous" to go home on his due date. We are 3 weeks from his due date (3/28/08).

Well, Coy is now attempting all 8 bottles per day! He did get sleepy with one feeding, so we had to put the remainder of the milk down his tube, but the others he took like the little champ he is.

He's now holding his own temperature in an open crib and loves looking around! He even has a mobile! I think I played the same song for him 20 times today before I realized it played others!

His eye's were examined again by "the General" Dr. Hittner. She said they look good! (She really is a very nice lady...)

And God has finally given me the "go ahead" to get Coy's nursery ready at home. It's painted, the crib is assembled, his 'stuff' is organized and waiting...

Please continue to pray for our little man! Pray for his lungs to fully mature and function normally; pray that his oxygen will be weaned soon; pray for Coy's energy and stamina during his bottle feedings; pray that he doesn't brady or desat; pray for his brain MRI to be 'normal' that is scheduled for next Wednesday; pray that his eyes continue to heal...

14 comments:

Ann Glowacki said...

WOW, Ann Marie and Chris,

I am amazed at how Coy has just taken off!!! He really wants to get home with his mommy and daddy! That's great that he is getting "chubby" and doing so well with his feedings!!! And great news on his eyes too... I am so happy for you guys and thanking God for the miracle He has given you! What a sweet, precious little boy, and such an amazing little guy. I am in awe too! Keep up the great news, Coy!

Love,
Ann, Shawn, and Jaxson

ps- great job getting the nursery ready, I was still putting mine together after Jaxson got home! Oh well...

Reyne said...

What a long way you have come! He is a beautiful baby and I am so happy to hear your wonderful news! He is a little miracle. He and his parents are fighters who never gave up, never quit believing. I pray for the day Coy is home with you in his own bed, in his own nursery. It doesn't sound like that day is too far away! We will pray that he continues to grow, take all his feedings, have wonderful tests results and continue to defy the odds! God bless your family!
Love and prayers,
Reyne

Amanda said...

This made me cry!

"And God has finally given me the 'go ahead' to get Coy's nursery ready at home. It's painted, the crib is assembled, his 'stuff' is organized and waiting..."

I'm so excited for y'all.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, awesome!!! Great news, so delighted for you all. So glad all is working out for Coy.

Anonymous said...

Ann Marie and Chris, this entry brought a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for the 3 of you. What a miracle indeed! And I'm so thankful that through this blog I feel like I've been a part of one of God's great miracles. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Love and prayers, Vicki Willis

Anonymous said...

Hello again Chris & Ann Marie. This entry just made me cry. I'm so happy to hear that things are going so well. I will continue to pray for little Coy - for strength, health, and to come home. May God bless you all.
Brenda
Ontario, Canada

Esperanza said...

I can not stop crying... I am soo happy... so happy Ann Marie...I have nothing else to tell you...
Keep counting with our prayers... Liam is beggining to start praying and he already prays for Coy... he knows your name and Coy's... can you believe... nothing else now to tell you... I am too happy to write more...
PS... My class is very happy too...they sent you their love...and their angelical prayers too...
We send you our love
Esperanza Orlando & Liam Penaloza

Anonymous said...

I wept with joy as I read your blog this morning. I think you have been the "poster child" of HOPE and FAITH (even though many time I see no hope and no miracles in my own life). Coy is truly a miracle and I LOVE it when you said he beat the odds and proved the doctors wrong (although they are covering their fannies!). I PRAY that Coy will continue to beat the odds and prove "the experts" wrong. The one expert who KNOWS is God and He is certainly using ya'll to show what He can do! Hallelujah! I can't wait to see pictures of Coy in his nursery! May God continue to bless ya'll real good!

Lynne Piper said...

Dear Ann Marie and Chris:

Your post sure did my heart good! The thought of actually getting to bring Coy home is nothing short of a miracle. I remember the incredible feeling of bringing Alexander home after just a couple of weeks in NICU. We set his car seat down in the middle of the room and he looked completely stunned at the peace and quiet. It was like heaven! Can't wait for you all to experience your own version of that. Fear not, we will continue to pray for all these things for Coy.

Blessings,

Lynne Piper

Muggle Mom said...

i am sitting here in tears. what an absolute miracle! i'm sure you can't wait to get him home! God is a god of miracles!

Anonymous said...

Wow, he is amazing. I am so happy for your family. I don't know you and your family but I sure feel like I do. I have been praying for baby Coy throughout your journey and read your blog almost every day. I cried a lot before reading this but this time it was for joy. I'm so happy for all of you. He's a fighter!! Enjoy him when you get home.

Unknown said...

Ree and Chris,

It has been wonderful watching Coy grow! Our family has been praying for you. Zach loves looking at the pictures of Coy on your site. Although he thinks Coy is his cousin (we are working on that). I am sure you both have overcome things you never thought you could have and endured more strength than ever imagined. Take it one day at a time. Of course you know it is all worth it, but soon you will look back on this journey with more clarity and wisdom. You will have a new perspective that I believe few people can obtain, and the bond you will develop with your son will be unparalleled. I love you both very much.

Kathy (Gattis) Jones

Anonymous said...

Ree,
I am so excited for you and Chris! I think I have been gitty with joy for you guys since reding this post! Soon you will be sitting at home with that little bundle. I am so glad that you are feeling more peaceful! Prayers continue to flow your way!
Megan

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to log on to your site and see that post that states: COY IS GOING HOME!!

GOD BLESS!!!