Friday, February 22, 2008

a few steps back...

Of course they always tell you here that it's a rollarcoaster ride, a dance of it's own...a few steps forward, a few back...

(I am posting this from a computer in the hospital)

I walked in today and found Coy's doctor, np, and nurse around his bed---by now I've learned this is never a good sign...
They are concerned that Coy has not "pooped" in a few days; he was desaturating more last night and this morning requiring more oxygen; so they did a XRAY and found his belly is full of air pushing his lungs up which is preventing him from breathing easily...

He is now back on CPAP, has a repogle tube in his belly (to remove the air), his feedings have been stopped, and they are attempting to put an IV in him as I type this...
They did a CBC and CRP to check for infection...

Please pray with me today that Coy's bowel returns back to normal, that he stools without effort, that he is able to breathe easier when the air from his belly is removed, that he is free of infection

The bad is hard to deal with anytime, but today it's really hit me; yesterday I was beaming, today I am crying...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying hard for Coy. I pray that his body is restored. Continue to stay strong and trust in the Lord. You are amazing! I pray that God will comfort you and give you peace. Coy is a true miracle! Hang in there!!!

Anonymous said...

I pray so hard for little Coy. I pray that he will get over this hurdle like he has so many before. I pray that yesterday's joy and your faith in God will get you through this hard day.

Amanda said...

My heart sank to see a blog update at this time of day on my bloglines. I knew something must be up. You can count on my urgent prayers. I didn't comment earlier, but the pic of Coy sleeping on you was the sweetest thing ever.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ree, you have the prayers and thoughts of so many! I am at a loss for words right now as tears fill my eyes. There were so many good days, we are just praying for minor set backs and many more good days to come!!! May God rest his hands on you and that precious little boy, give you the courage to continue as He heals Coy with each breath he takes. You have a true miracle on your hands, before you know it he will be pure michief.

John Sherrill said...

Praying for you today Chris and Ree!
Really praying for our little buddy.
Let us know how we can help...

john

Reyne said...

Just hang onto the joy you felt yesterday and know that you will experience that again, really soon. Coy is a fighter - he will bounce back from this the same way he has from every other setback. I believe that God is watching over him and will protect him. There are so many people praying for your family - I hope you will take some comfort in that. The pictures of you and Coy are precious and even as tiny as he is, it is easy to see his daddy in him! Stay strong!!
Love and prayers,
Reyne

Megan said...

Sounds like Coy is in awesome hands, he will make it through this hurdle. I prayed when I read your blog and will pray again for complete healing and to help him go #2 effortlessly. God is here taking good care of him, our God will heal him. "If you ask for anything in my name, I will do it for you so that the Father's glory will be shown through the Son. If you ask me for anything in my name, I will do it". John 14: 13-14
This is true, we have prayed for Coy's healing and Coy has come so far because of our prayers being answered.

God Bless,
Megan

Muggle Mom said...

oh no! he's a trooper! and soon, i'm sure he'll be a pooper too! LOL! prayer comin' your ways as always!

nicole

Lynne Piper said...

Dear Ann Marie:

Your post just broke my heart, as I know yours also breaks every time it seems we're free-falling on this roller coaster ride we did not sign up for.

I am pleading with God tonight to resolve his intestinal issue quickly, that his heart will then begin beating normally and for no infection.

I am praying for both of you. You all are extremely brave and a fine example of grace under fire. I know Coy will continue to amaze us with his remarkable ability to fight his way right back to good health, with God's hand on him, of course.

God Bless,

Lynne

Anonymous said...

We are praying hard for Coy. May the Lord continue to strengthen Coy's body and may He give you the peace, strength and courage to continue your journey.

Myron & Christina Arnaud