Friday, February 22, 2008

good news

"O Lord, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief." Psalm 143:1

So good news, the CBC and CRP came back normal! Coy was acting himself, moving all about, mad at his IV & CPAP prongs, crying at times. These are all good things: no indicators of infection...

He did have two bowel movements today after receiving a suppository; the doctor wanted to r/o infection prior to Coy having a suppository so it took all afternoon for him to get the medication.

The repogle tube was placed into his stomach through his mouth and is connected to low intermittent suction; this is to remove all the air in his belly; his abdominal girth did decrease slowly...

His lungs were being compressed or pushed up from his abdomen; this was making it hard for him to breathe; now that he is back on CPAP his oxygen requirement is back in the 20s; they will do another XRAY in the morning (Saturday) to make sure his lung expansion is back where it should be; please pray for this!

His feedings were held because his stomach was so distended and hard; he was started on IV fluids; please pray they can restart feeds tomorrow and his IV can be removed...

Please pray for Coy's complete and total healing; I have to say I was caught "off guard" today. I wasn't expecting any different from previous days; I think I usually have a "mom instinct" if something bad is about to happen, but I didn't feel it coming this time...

I am thankful that they don't feel there is an infection going on; I am thankful that Coy had two bowel movements; I am thankful he is acting himself

Please continue to pray for Coy's lungs, intestines, digestion, heart, eyes, and brain; I am so thankful to you all; your words and encouragement mean so much to me/us; I was struggling today but feel better tonight, thank you!...I know God is good, I know he is in control!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful to hear. He is such a fighter.

Shari Cagle

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news. We are praying for Coy's total healing. May tomorrow be an awesome day for the three of you.

Holly (Kolkhorst), Paul, Luke, Ella and Aaron Hawryluk

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is good news indeed. Prayers continue for his healing! May you get a good night's rest and have much joy tomorrow!

Ann Glowacki said...

Good news, Ann Marie,

I had read both previous posts today and didn't have time to write earlier (I wanted to).... first, I am soooo happy about your good day yesterday! How wonderful you got to try out breastfeeding! Sounds like you had a fantastic day... and I am sorry about the complications today, I hope the Drs. can get it all figured out and get little Coy back on track. We will definitely be praying for more good days like yesterday! Hopefully it was just a little "bump" in the road. Lots of hugs and hopes for many more great days to come!

Love,
Ann, Shawn, and Jaxson

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for Coy's complete healing and for God's grace and mercy to rest on you. We know that NICU stays are emotionally and physically draining. (Although grateful for the outcome, we still get tired just thinking about our daughter's stay.)We pray that He gives you His strength and the ability to find evidence of His love in each day.

- Kirk and Lori Baldridge

Esperanza said...

We all are praying...
as always We pray for your straight too... hang in there... he is going to go throu this too... he is a fighter...
hope everything continuing improving tomorrow saturday...
Big hugs...
Esperanza Orlando & Liam...

Beth said...

Wow - so much news to catch up on! My heart sang to hear that he wanted to nurse so badly. I'll be praying that he overcomes these latest setbacks SOON. God bless you all.