Friday, February 22, 2008

a Wonderful Day! (Thursday)

"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations." Psalm 89:1

Please excuse me from my tardy post...both Chris & I were exhausted last night; I stated to make a post, but was too tired to think...

So yesterday (Thursday) I was able to breastfeed Coy for the first time! He didn't get any milk out, but he tried very hard! He was rooting, sucking on his fingers and latching on very good! The lactation consultant and occupational therapist were both impressed with our little man! It was so much fun and I just couldn't stop laughing/ smiling at Coy; he really is such a cutie. The plan is to attempt breastfeeding once daily until he gets the hang of it. Eventually the bottle can be introduced, but for now, we'll stick to the breast. He did desat some during our attempt and required more oxygen; please pray that Coy's blood oxygen level remains high always!

Here are some pictures below...don't worry, the bottom picture he's sleeping...




So, we were able to bath Coy last night and change his bed! He had so much fun and really liked his bath. He was again making me laugh the whole time! His eyes were so big and he just smiled at us. Mommy bathed him and daddy captured it on video. Changing his bed in the isolette is harder than it looks! All his wonderful nurses are professionals at it; Chris & I struggled slightly, but it looked pretty in the end.

He was on 30% oxygen most of the day yesterday; this morning when we called he was on 35% oxygen. Last night after we left Coy had some arrhythmias that caused his heartrate to drop some; they did another EKG. This was the first time these have occurred since he was started on propranolol; please pray for the arrhythmias to subsided and for Coy's heart to function normal! I'm sure I will be talking to pedi cardiology today at the hospital; I will let you know later what they say...

Please continue to pray for complete and total healing of Coy! He is acting more and more like a newborn and it just amazes me how far he's come since day 1. We are so grateful to you all for your continued prayers and encouragment!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What GREAT news to read this morning! I pray that his healing, his miraculous healing, will continue! And that he will have another fantastic day! I loved the pictures - he is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the pics!!! He looks so much like Chris!!! I am so glad to hear how well he is doing!! As always you guys are in our thoughts and prayers!!!

Anonymous said...

praise the Lord for wonderful blessing that sustain you and give you joy and peace. may God continue to bless your little mister!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic News! My daughter had problems with her hips so she had to wear a harness. We could not bathe her for 2 months. When we finally were able to she was so excited! She loved it! Coy is such a miracle! I pray for his total healing. I will pray that his blood oxygen levels stay high and he has regular heart beats. Congratulations on such a wonderful day!
Always in my thoughts

Esperanza said...

I was kind of worried when you did not posted anything... girl ... it was worth the wait... such wonderful news... I bet you were crying and crying the whole time... it is amazing how your little peanut is doing... we are so happy... today is going to be awesome too... and I can wait to know about your weekend... awesome news... awesome news...
We sent you guys big hugs...
Esperanza Orlando & Liam P.

Anonymous said...

From one breastfeeding mom to another....CONGRATULATIONS! What a milestone and beautiful moment that you shared! I was surprised with both of my babies that breastfeeding is a learned skill that takes a LOT of practice!!! :)I have followed your journey since the beginning and have been praying and giving thanks for this strong soul God has sent to you and your husband. Coy is an amazing baby boy! I hope you will keep us posted on all his milestones after you bring him home!