Sunday, December 23, 2007

day 20...

"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up." James 5:15

I must start by saying THANKS BE TO GOD! After all our begging & pleading, God has blessed our little man with the ability to urinate! Yes, Coy urinated all day, alot! He still has fluid on his lungs, however was requiring slightly less oxygen today; his blood gases remain stable...we are so thankful to our savior Jesus Christ!

Christmas this year has a new meaning to our families and Chris and I. It seems so cliche, but no material good is important to us anymore...all we want for Christmas is for God to heal our son! I know God uses events in our lives for different purposes; I truly feel he wanted to become closer to us, our families, friends, co-workers, relatives, etc. Do you think he used us because we invited so many people to our wedding?? (my attempt at humor...insert laughter) I was raised in the Catholic church, went to "Sunday school" until I was confirmed as a Junior in high school, have attended church my entire life, have prayed at night, however, I have never been as close to God as now...it seems the more you pray and talk to him the closer you become. Over the past three weeks, I have been angry with God, questioning my faith, wondering why he chose us and Coy--I am now understanding that God wants relationships with us; I am now realizing how Great our God is; how he uses events in our lives to bring us closer to him. As I sit next to Coy's bedside, I beg and plead with God; for Coy to breathe, for Coy to urinate, for Coy to be free of infection; I know there may not be any immediate response, however I know the Lord is hearing my prayers, I know he will answer in his own way.

"And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Luke 11:9-10

Some specific prayer requests for Coy tonight:
1) for his PDA to remain closed
2) for the antibiotics to work and rid the infection
3) for the antibiotics to be at therapeutic levels and not harm Coy's kidneys
4) for Coy to have adequate urine output
5) for Coy to remain free of bleeding in the brain
6) for Coy to excrete to fluid in his lungs
7) for Coy's lungs to mature and grow
8) for Coy to tolerate breast milk, that it will nourish his body
9) for Coy's oxygen requirement be lowered
10) for his blood gases to remain "good"
11) for Coy to remain comfortable and "pain" free
12) for the wisdom and endurance of his nurses and doctors

Thanks to all you prayer warriors! May each of you feel the blessings that our little boy is receiving! We are so thankful to each and every one of you!

7 comments:

Reyne said...

Dear Chris and Ann Marie,
I was so happy to read that Coy's urine output has increase!! What terrific news! I read your blog daily and can't wait for the updates, especially when he has had a trying day. I know that everyone is praying for Coy and that things will turn around. It is awesome to see what prayer can do! Our hope for you this Christmas is that he will continue to improve, with fewer and fewer set-backs, until he is home with you! You are so right when you say that material things don't matter at all! God has blessed you with a precious baby boy and your love and faith are all that matters. Stay strong for him and for eachother and have a blessed Christmas. (I love Coy's hat!)
Love,
Reyne and family

Tim Sanchez said...

We were all ecstatic to hear the great news today! Who knew peeing could be so cool?

Coy is a blessing to all of us; his prayer-powered fight is like a big blinking neon sign for God's power and grace. Coy's entry into this world has been as tough as anyone's, but how cool is it to have so many people praying for you day and night! It is an awesome sight to watch God's work through Coy affect so many people.
We pray that Coy will grow stronger and stronger and one day learn the amazing impact he had on all of us right from the start.

Praying for you always,
Tim and Jenny

Anonymous said...

This morning I prayed for Coy before my feet hit the floor. I was excited to read that he is doing better!

Merry Christmas!
Jenny

Unknown said...

Praise God that your relationship with the Lord is strengthened in a time of need. that you allow Him to carry you through this time of need. I am so thrilled to know that his urine output is increasing.. and still praying for him.
Tasha

Anonymous said...

As I sit here my eyes are tearing, I pray each day that your son is doing better than the last. My nephew was born prematurely with one collapsed lung and pneumonia. Our family knows all to well the “one step forward two steps back” routine. However, daily I pray that you and Chris and your families and Coy don’t have to experience this. It is so wonderful to hear that he is doing better. Your family and your experience has touched so many people, you guys are truly a great example of faith and strength. Thank you for sharing everyday with us; it is an inspiration to us all! We are praying for all of your specific prayers, and we are praying that this year we all witness the miracles of Christmas!! Merry Christmas to you, Chris, Coy, and your families. Our prayers are constantly with you all!!! (Somewhere in there, there was a prayer from Jay about toys that Coy could play with and again with the no scribbling!!! I tell you this kid has some issues that may one day require couseling!!!)
Megan, AJ, and Jay

feldhoff said...

Very happy to hear Coy's urine has increased. We continue to pray for all of you. I read your post daily and can't believe the strength both of you have. It is truly amazing. May your Christmas be filled with prayers being answered for Coy.

Love,

Kim Feldhoff and family

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris and Ann Marie,

Missy Johnson (Hydes) has been keeping me updated on you and your precious new baby Coy. I have been praying for him and you and two as well. My son was diagnosed with RSV two nights ago at 8 weeks old and you two have given me so much strength to trust in God and he will deliver. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I am so happy and hopeful for Coy and he is blessed to have such great parents. And what a cutie he is!
Anyway, thanks for being an inspiration to me when it is hard to find the faith not to worry and to hand it over to Him!

Love,

Dara McDonald (Haynes)