Thursday, December 27, 2007

better days...


"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes." Ephesians 6:10-11

I'm happy to report that I did not want to physically assault any member of Coy's health care team today. It was a MUCH better day! His day shift primary nurse (she takes care of Coy when every time she works) is AWESOME!! He looked so cute when I got there to see him about noon...

Everyday when I get to the hospital, I never know what the day will bring. I am always so nervous to walk down the hallway and open the door to Coy's pod. I think I hold my breath when I first get there; that's usually when the nurses/ doctors inform us of the "bad news" first.

Today I was greeted by much better news...Coy's abdominal U/S was normal! Thanks be to God! This is great news since Coy's had lots of renal issues...
His echocardiogram was done today...no news on this yet, please pray that Coy's heart looks "normal" and his PDA is closed!!
We have heard that another blood culture came back positive...Infectious Disease docs recommended Vanc and the other antibiotic Coy is currently on...we really need to beg God to rid this infection....Please pray for this tonight!!
Coy's urine output was awesome yesterday!! This morning it began to decrease again...please pray for this to regulate...

I was able to hold Coy today for 3 hours; this is our favorite time together...he kept reaching his left hand up and feeling my neck/ chest..he is just so adorable when he looks at you with those beautiful eyes...

Please pray for our little friend Kyle, who like Coy is a 23 weeker, he is now 2 months old...pray against a disease called NEC, pray against an infection...

Some specific prayer requests for Coy: THAT he will be infection FREE soon, PDA to remain closed, Lungs mature and grow, Renal function regulates, fluid excretes off his lungs, brain remains free of bleeds, against NEC in his GI tract, that Coy continues to tolerate feeds, that blood gases are AWESOME and he can be weaned off the ventilator soon...

3 comments:

L.K.Tarver said...

I check this blog each day to know what I should request in prayer. My youngest daughter Meghan is usually over my shoulder watching me as I read and pray for Koy. She wanted to leave her own message. So I helped her type the following message and prayer. "Dear God, Help Baby Koy feel better Love, Meghan." Koy is in our prayers daily. I know God is blessing your son and strengthening you in the process. This whole ordeal continues to strenghten my families faith as well. Thank You for being such faithful witnesses. God bless you both! Lisa, Wiley, Robyn and Meghan Tarver

Coolestmommy said...

Chris and Ann Marie,
My continued prayers go forth for Coy and all the children in the NICU. I find myself praying for him more than I pray for my own children. Now that you are parents, I know you understand how deeply our feelings go for you and your child. Once a parent, I think your love grows for all parents and all children. I firmly believe God will use Coy's life to transform many other lives and to be a witness to His mighty healing and His miracles.
Be encouraged and be blessed!
Robyn & family

Melissa M. Williams said...

I am glad to hear that Coy is receiving proper care today. I have been praying for Coy every day and night. I pray for you and Chris and for strengthened faith in the Lord. After reading your blog from acouple days ago, your honesty reminded me of how hard it can be to put 100% faith in the Christ. This just shows that we must completely surrender to Him. It is all a part of His plan. You all are definitely going through a journey with God right now. Your journey has brought others closer to the Lord too. Take care of yourself, Ree. We have all been so inspired by your faith. God bless!
Melissa Williams