Monday, August 17, 2009

One month

Today Cydney is one month old! Here is my attempt at cute pictures. I absolutely can not get a good one for the life of me. =)



Life lately has been BUSY. Even when we stay home all day, I am constantly on the go chasing after Coy. He is one energetic little dude...I have no idea where it comes from. He has been having a few more "jealous" days where he does not want me to hold or feed his sister. Our biggest challenge with Coy right now is getting him to sleep at a decent hour in his own bed. We 'sleep trained' him once before earlier this year and he did awesome. He slept all night and liked being in his crib. But since his world was rocked with me going into the hospital, he's not been sleeping consistently in his own bed. And since we've been home, we've given in and let him sleep in our bed out of exhaustion. But, that has made for VERY long days for us since he's been going to sleep late and restless nights for everyone. We can not keep up that pace any longer. I know consistency is the key; I'm hopeful that he'll be sleeping better soon.

Cydney just eats and sleeps most of the day away. She is so sweet. The poor thing has reflux though---ugh, I hate it. She seems to be okay; she doesn't spit up a ton. And I am watching her closely to make sure she isn't hurting at all. I think the Gripe water helped some, but not much. I am praying she doesn't need medication and is a "happy spitter".

Chris and I are enjoying our time together and with our babies more than ever. We are so happy to be on to the next chapter of our lives. It feels so great to be home. I keep saying that because it's so true. After over 100 days straight in the hospital, home feels alittle bit like heaven on Earth. I love the weekends when we can go do things...we took both babies out to eat Friday night and went swimming at my parents house yesteday. Those are the things I dreamed about when lying in the hospital bed for so long. God is so good.

A few pictures from yesterday...Coy LOVED swimming...here he is with Grandpa C...
...and the water hose...
...Cydney ready for some milk...

14 comments:

GammySel said...

Amazing how the time flies.. she looks bigger already, and she is so alert!

I can totally sympathize with the sleep issues. We have the same problem with Noah, and he will be 3 at the end of this year. He starts in his bed, and ends up in mine, and very restless.. Ugh.. I keep praying that we will win the sleep war!

Angie

MtnGirl said...

What cute kids! And you have some cute pictures of Cydney! I'm sure you'll get into a better routine with Coy's sleeping and getting out and about. I'm glad to hear you are home and enjoying it! :-)

MtnGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda Rooney said...

Oh my goodness...I cannot believe she's a month old already.

I've been following your blog ever since Coy was in the NICU and it's such a pleasure and delight to see you as one big happy family.

I know the days (and nights) are challenging, but I also know that you're so thankful to have both of your babies at home.

I have four children, and there were/are/will be those days where you can hardly keep your eyes open...and those are the days where I thank God 100 times over that I can be a SAHM!!

Thanks for sharing everyone with us!!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are beautiful! I am so glad that you are all doing so well. You are so right, God is good!

Creative Escape said...

Your little ones are adorable. The time just flies by doesn't it?

Sending prayers your way for peaceful nights sleep & Baby Cydney's reflux to ease up {poor little girl}. Have you tried "Colic Calm"? It is a variety of Gripe Water. I have a two month old baby girl with reflux; and it worked wonders for us. I can't live without the stuff now. I know that every baby is different, but if you are anything like me, you just want a "cure" for "baby sister".

Good Luck!

Hugs,
Jen

Rachel said...

I love the picture of Cydney yawning! It is CUTE!

Thomas doesn't sleep well at night either, especially with three molars coming in! Once they popped thru we just let him cry a bit and he self soothed himself back to sleep. The first night was HARD...I hate hearing my little man cry but with the impending adoption I HAVE to have him sleeping all night.

Loving toughness and consistency is key...he has slept all night for four nights straight with minor upset.

Thanking God for you...your two e-mails have brought me much peace!

Love...Rachel

amy said...

ONE MONTH old?! How can it be?! I LOVE the pic where it looks like she's 'showing off' her 1 month sign- too too cute. :) Will be praying for Cydney's reflux (we knew that oh toooooo well around here- yuck) and for Coy's sleeping and adjustment as a big brother! You are RIGHT- God is SO good!

Lauren said...

Oh, I am so glad to hear that life is good for you guys! You deserve it! Cydney is so cute! She looks like she's growing and thriving!! I bet you are SO enjoying life out of the hospital and with your beautiful family.

Hilary said...

1 month already?! Crazy! Little missy already looks bigger too :) Hang in there Momma life will slow down....

misty mac said...

I had two "happy spittters" and we will pray that sweet cydney is one of those too! when i started weaning from breat milk i supplemented with enfamil AR and it worked better than the other 1 million things we tried! its very thick and stays down better and is not stinky like some of the other special formulas. anyways, just a thought for if you ever do supplement with formula for her :) thinking about you guys often!
misty

Jessica said...

I love the picture of Cydney yawning, that is just too cute!!

DeWitt Family said...

Such cuteness! What a blessing she is, huh?

I'm your newest follower! I can't wait to see more!

Hua said...

Hey Chris and Annmarie!

Great blog post. It's nice to hear that things are going well and you are enjoying being home together as a family . I really enjoyed reading your blog and learning about your journey with Cydney. With your positive outlook on life, I feel that your blog would be a great addition to Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN). The HBN has over 2,600 bloggers that share a common goal to share their knowledge with others, which enables Wellsphere to provide information that is personal and relevant to over 6 million visitors a month.

Feel free to visit our Health Blogger Network at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger , where you can apply to join. Or just email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

Have a great day!
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks