Friday, July 17, 2009

Quick update

Thank you for all your love, support, prayers, and birthday wishes!

We are absolutely in love with our baby girl. She is still in the NICU and on CPAP. Her 02 requirement has been 21% (room air) and hopefully she'll come off that very soon. They are giving her some precautionary antibiotics due to her prematurity, but she is looking good and showing no signs of infection. She cried and cried at delivery and it was the sweetest sound! She also has a "strong suck" and loves her pacifier. She can't eat right now because of the CPAP, but I'm praying I can nurse her in the next few days. She is currently on the warmer, but will be moved to an open crib. My big girl doesn't even need an isolete, yeah!!

I am doing well. My pain has been minimal and everything seems to be just as it should. I know Cydney's birth was God's perfect timing. My doctor said my uterus was 'very close' to rupturing and the scar tissue did not look good. He also said after delivery he was going to smoke a cigar and celebrate that this was all over! I think I gave him a few more gray hairs than he'd like! =)

I will be able to get out of bed and go upstairs to see her at 830pm tonight. I gave her lots of kisses before they took her upstairs and can't wait to see her in a few hours. Chris has been a very protective daddy and been with her all day. I started pumping and have produced LOTS of colostrum. I am a cow when it comes to producing milk!

Coy was just the most adorable Big Brother today. They were able to bring Cydney over in the transport isolete to show the whole family before taking her upstairs. Coy drew on the top of the isolete with his crayons!

We are elated and so ecstatic! God is great! I will post pictures as soon as I get them emailed to me!

Please continue to pray for Cydney; I am hoping she gets off the CPAP very soon and is able to eat. Thanks again for all your love and prayers! We couldn't be more thankful to you all!

24 comments:

Amanda B said...

Chris and Ann Marie,

Congrats, congrats, CONGRATS! This is wonderful and amazing news. I am so happy for both of you. It sounds like things are on the right track. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy your new baby girl!

Tricia said...

I am so glad she is doing so well. I hope that she is able to eat soon. You will be home with that baby girl before you know it!

Congrats to Coy on being a big brother now!

Only the Sheppards said...

We're so happy for you guys! What a wonderful birthday present for you :) Praying you're off CPAP and on the way home soon!!!

Chris and Machel said...

God is amazing! So happy to hear Cydney was 10 oz bigger than expected. Happy Birthday to both Ann Marie and Cydney. We will continue to pray for all of you, especially the new princess!!!

Love,
Chris, Machel & Bella

Vickirdh said...

Happy birthday Ann Marie! Happy birthday Cydney! Praising God for this 2nd little miracle in yours and Chris's lives. I can't wait to see baby pix! I'm so happy for all of you that Cydney is doing so well! Still loving and praying for you. Vicki

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! That just makes me tear up in happiness for you and awesomeness of God. Still praying!

Renee and Daniel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH OF YOU. MAY GOD KEEP YOU ALL STRONG. PRAISE HIM FOR ALL HE HAS DONE.

Anna said...

Congratulations and happy birthday to both of you! I've been following your blog for some time and your story i so touching. I hope you have an easy recovery and that Cydney will be able to go home with you.

amyoutlaw said...

Sounds like it was perfect timing. You did a wonderful job baking her with patience in the hospital. Will pray for her and you! Glad your uterus held up!
Amy

Snap said...

Such wonderful news. Happy, happy birthday to you and Cydney!

abby said...

Congratulations on Cydney's arrival. What a lovely birthday present, indeed. We are praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I am so so happy for you guys! God is so good. Happy birthday to you both. Continued prayers for your family.

Much love,
Allison

Shan said...

Been thinking about you guys all day. CONGRATULATIONS and again, Happy Birthday to you BOTH!
Love, hugs, and prayers,
Shannon and Danny

Creative Escape said...

Congratulations on your newest addition to the family. I am sure that little Cydney will thrive in the coming days with all the prayers that are being said.

Praying for a quick move from the NICU to the nursery and then home : )

Sending hugs and well wishes for you as well Ann Marie.

Jen

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!!! I've been checking your blog and waiting for the big news. Can't wait to see pictures of your two children together...so, so sweet! Take care of yourself too. I just had a c-section 4 weeks ago and it takes awhile to fully recover (as you already know) so let people wait on you hand and foot. :) Congrats again and can't wait to see the pretty girl!

The Anderson Zoo said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! i have followed you blog ever since coy was born. our 3rd child was born at 31 wks. and spent 3 wks. in the nicu. i understand all the emotions that goes along with that. so excited and have prayed for your sweet daughter. yesterday when i read that she had been born i got so excited for you...not only for having a sweet daughter but you being reunited with your sweet boy as well. i know you are looking forward to the days ahead!!!!! keep us posted and i can't wait to see pictures.

redburns said...

congratulations!! what an amazing gift! enjoy your baby girl, they are so much fun!

August said...

congrats! Ree! I am so excited for your family and proud of you for staying in the hospital that long for your sweet baby angel girl. You are an amazing mom! Love you! And can't wait to meet her!

Debbie Witte said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We are so excited for all of you! We thank God for such a beautiful miracle and pray for continued healing. Can't wait to see pictures. Continued prayers for each of you, Mark and Debbie Witte

GammySel said...

I am glad to hear she is doing well.. Can't wait to see photos.
Angie

kpotternc said...

I have been following your blog. I was pregnant at the same time and my little guy was born June 3, James Matthew. I followed your blog at least a couple of times a week and found you so encourarging. I had different issues which made my pregnancy scarey for us. I was so happy to log on and see that your little girl arrived safely. God is great!!

mamama said...

Anne Marie,

Congratulations to you and Chris! We can't wait to see pictures of Cydney! Isn't it just like God to time it so that you and Cydney share a birthday? He is good, indeed.

Blessings,
Kelly & John Ma

Coolestmommy said...

Congratulations to your whole family. We've prayed for this day for such a long time. Praise God that His timing is always perfect. Agreeing with you in prayer for a quick recovery, Cydney coming off the CPAP and nursing.

Praising God!
Robyn and family

Life in the Kerlee Household said...

Welcome Cydney! And congrats to the family. Ann Marie, you did amazing throughout this whole pregnancy and I am amazed at how strong you've stayed. Can't wait to see picture of Cydney. Take Care. Tracey