Sunday, June 21, 2009

update

Thanks for all your prayers! Chris, Grandma K, & Grandpa K brought Coy to the ER because his pulse ox was reading that his sats were in the 80s. It's been really stressful for all of them because this would mean Coy needed oxygen (we don't have any in the house anymore since he passed his sleep study), but otherwise, he was acting himself. He does have a bad cough, but he's been on an antibiotic since being diagnosed with 'beginning stages of pneumonia' on Friday. Of course, this freaked me out. Pneumonia can be VERY bad and I automatically thought the worst.

The home pulse ox is a tricky little machine and not always accurate (especially if limbs are flying everywhere). So, to be safe, Coy was checked out by the ER doctor. Thankfully, he was sating 95% and he checked out fine. He's still fighting his illness, but hopefully, he's on the road to recovery. On top of his sickness, he's getting 4 new teeth! Poor baby has just had a really rough week. Please continue to pray for his healing. I would have never guessed he'd get pneumonia in June. What is up with the sick season this year?

Being his mother, it was hard on me to not be able to see him. I didn't want him up here if he was sick, and I was no help with advising on what to do for him. Can you say helpless? And, poor Chris is sick, too. He's staying away from Coy (he wore a mask today) because we have no idea if Coy got Chris sick or if Chris's illness is a totally different bug that Coy should NOT be exposed to. So, Chris, Grandpa K, & Grandpa C spent their Father's Day in the ER. I think we're blessed to have a few good men in our lives!

Anyway, I worked myself up in such a tizzy that on Friday I began having lots of irritability and contractions. I know, not good when I'm already 70% effaced. So, to stop that (after a few extra doses of terbutaline didn't do the trick) I got a shot of Demerol/phenergan (yep, that's what they give for contractions), and it totally knocked me out. That stuff is serious and made me so grouchy the next day. I have been doing better since, just trying to relax as much as possible. It was scary for me to think that I could have a baby alone--Chris is sick, Coy is sick, my doctor is out of town, parents were out of town, and Grandparents K were taking care of sick Coy. Aghh...how your mind can wonder at times.

I'm praying and thankful for everyday I stay pregnant. Each day Cydney is cooking, she's getting stronger and stronger. I am hoping for at least a few more weeks.

And, after all this is over, this is where you'll find all of us...

...aghh, at least I can dream about it, right?

15 comments:

Devon said...

aw, you poor thing...so hard to be away from your little boy. SO glad his sats were good and i'm praying he gets well soon!

you're doing amazing!! take care of yourself -- i know, so hard to do when your baby is sick.

((hugs))

Coolestmommy said...

Thank God his sats ended up being ok. I've been praying for all of you today--now I know why.

Wish I could be there to come up and see you and paint your toenails in awesome colors. Has anybody given you a cute pedi lately?? I know that made me happy to have cute toes when I was feeling my pregnant "fat" worst. :-)

Much love & prayers!
Robyn

amyoutlaw said...

Poor little Coy! But seriously, you should go on vaca soon after. Once you readjust to being home with 2 tots! Hang in there. I really know you'll make it to 35 weeks.

Amy

Life in the Kerlee Household said...

Hang in there, Ann! We're praying that the family gets better and that you can relax and stay preggers. You've done so good thus far and these 'bugs' are not going to get in the way of carrying Cydney to term. Keep smilin'.... Take care.

PS: I love the picture and wish I was there, too!

Vickirdh said...

Praise God Coy is ok! I was hoping you'd post again tonight so we wouldn't have to worry all night if he was ok. Praying that all the sickness at the Kolkhorst house clears up soon and doesn't spread. And praying for more weeks of pregnancy. With love and prayers, Vicki

meredith said...

Glad Coy is doing better. Praying for all of you.

amy said...

girl- you DESERVE that beach vacation! Praying for both your sweet babies and praying your hubby feels better soon too. Hang in there- you're doing awesome. I'm sure it's SO hard being away from your sick baby, but God is so good, you are so strong, and your family sounds amazing- what a blessing!

Hilary said...

Hang in there!! get better everyone!!! :)

GammySel said...

Anne Marie - I am so sorry that your family is so ill. I have been busy the last few weeks with a move(locally) so I am a bit behind on your progress, but it looks like you are heading towards the end of your journey!

Praise be to the Lord Jesus Christ
Angie

Tricia said...

How stressful to you, not being able to be there. I am glad everything checked out okay, and I hope he gets better quickly!

August said...

I am sorry about all of that stress that you went through! hope you have a better week love! :o)

Lisa Swendsen said...

Nothing is worse than when your baby gets sick. I remember being on bedrest and Michael being sick and feeling helpless! This is almost over and then you can be there for your TWO beautiful babies! Hang in there!!!

Lisa Swendsen said...

Nothing is worse than when your baby gets sick. I remember being on bedrest and Michael being sick and feeling helpless! This is almost over and then you can be there for your TWO beautiful babies! Hang in there!!!

Lisa Swendsen said...

Nothing is worse than when your baby gets sick. I remember being on bedrest and Michael being sick and feeling helpless! This is almost over and then you can be there for your TWO beautiful babies! Hang in there!!!

Ann Glowacki said...

Ann Marie,

I hope you guys are all doing better! I hope Coy and Chris are healing and you are relaxing... I can only imagine the stress! How wonderful that you're at 31 weeks, that's fantastic! Keep it up!

Love,
Ann

ps- can we come on vacation with you guys?!