Tuesday, June 16, 2009

the BIG 3-0 (almost)

I am writing this a day early....with a few updates and needing some prayers...

First the update on Coy...

  • Thanks so much for all your prayers in preparation for his circumcision surgery! However, his surgery for tomorrow (Wednesday) is cancelled due to a fever/cough he got on Monday morning. He's feeling fine today. He still has a low grade fever, but I could hear him giggling and laughing this morning on the phone. They wont do surgery with any recent illness, so we are now looking at sometime after September for the surgery. I was really wanting to get it over with because I had mentally prepared for it to happen, but honestly, I'm relieved that he wont be having it tomorrow. It wasn't meant to be this week and I trust God is in control over this. =)

Now update on me/Cydney...

  • Yesterday on the monitor, Cydney's heart rate had a 'decel' so....
  • I had a biophysical profile done today...basically it's an ultrasound that measures her movements, fluid levels, etc. They scored her and she passed the test with flying colors...8/8!
  • My doctor is coming in tomorrow (Wednesday) to check my cervix....if nothings changed and he feels confident, he's going to send me home. I am excited if this happens, but am not letting myself be disappointed if it doesn't. He said if I do get to go, he would make me promise to not 'do anything' and stay in bed. I promise, I promise, I promise and pinky swear too.
  • ...and we're 6 hours away from 3-0 weeks. I'm not counting my chicks before they hatch, but we're oh, so close. Praise God!

I'll keep you posted on the "plan" for tomorrow....pray that God guides us in the right direction!

8 comments:

Vickirdh said...

Lots of prayers coming your way in hopes that you can go home tomorrow!!!! With love a prayers, Vicki

Tara said...

I'm so excited that you've made it this far. You are so inspiring to me, and you are always on Sean and I's mind. I can't wait to meet Cydney!!

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you and Cydney! 30 weeks is amazing!

Life in the Kerlee Household said...

I came to check your blog tonight to wish you a happy 30 weeks before you posted it but it looks like you beat me to it! I couldn't be more happy for you guys. How awesome it feels to be out of the twenties (well not for actual age of us ;) Hang in there and you're doing the right things!

Juliette said...

I'm so happy for you. I'm continuing to pray for you.

amy said...

30 weeks?! That's wonderful-- that's when R and R were born and they are healthy as can be. Praying for you guys. How awesome that you might get to go home!!!!

Holly said...

Praising God for 30 weeks! May He bless you and Cydney with many more before her birth. We continue to keep you all in our prayers.

Holly (Kolkhorst), Paul, Luke, Ella and Aaron Hawryluk

Lisa Swendsen said...

this is the best news i've heard all day! congrats! and yeah for cydney being an 8 out of 8! thanks for your comment, too. baby emily is so healthy and thriving after being born at 36 weeks. well worth all the hard work to keep her in there! keep up the good work. only 6 more weeks. you can do it!!!!!