Sunday, May 10, 2009

keep on keepin' on...

...that's what my doctor says to do.

I am praising God that I am still pregnant at 24w4d. It might not seem like that 'far along' to most, but to me, it's FAR along! And, I know, that each and every single hour/day God keeps me pregnant is such a blessing. I know I can do this...but only through Him.

I should have another ultrasound tomorrow. I say 'should' because if you've ever been in a hospital, you know they don't run on schedules! Please pray my cervix has not shortened anymore. Pray that Baby Sister is growing healthy & strong (we will get a weight estimate). Although it's not an ideal situation, it is a blessing to see her on u/s every week. I have more pictures for her baby book then I know what to do with! =)

In other news, Coy came yesterday (and today!)...and so did Sugar Pie & Dixie! My In-laws put them in a crate(they only weigh 5 lbs each) and brought them to my room! I was so surprised and excited to see them! They were perfect angels and didn't hardly make a sound! I know they are really confused as to where their 'mommy' disappeared to, so it was so good to see them! I wish we had pictures, but unfortunately, my camera battery died.

The picture below was taken last week when Coy visited. Chris had this picture blown up and it's now hanging on my wall (I took a pic of the pic using my iPhone...that's why it looks so bad). I love this little man so much; he was giving me kisses and then cracking us both up!

I hope everyone had a restful, relaxing Mother's Day weekend! I can't say thank you enough for your love and prayers. We are beyond blessed and grateful.

Until next time, I will keep on keepin' on....

8 comments:

Snap said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Juliette said...

Happy Mother's Day!

amyoutlaw said...

Happy Mother's DAY!!!

Ann Glowacki said...

Awww... Happy Mother's Day Ann Marie! Love the picture! You are the ultimate mommy, you're doing an amazing job... keep on cookin'! Hang in there, I keep praying and do want to visit soon, now that Jaxson is well (he's been sick w/ various ailments for several weeks now). I'll let you know!

Happy Mother's Day!

Ann

Lauren said...

Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day. I will pray for good results from today's ultrasound!

Keep on keepin' on!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!! Glad you had all your babies with you!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!! Hope all goes well with your ultrasound and that baby sister is growing big and strong and is content to stay just where she is for a while longer.

Lisa Swendsen said...

Hi AnnMarie,
My name is Lisa and a friend of mine emailed me your blog the other day and I am truly inspired by your courageous fight for your baby. Your story reminds me so much of my own. My first child (Michael- who is now 8) was born at 25 weeks weighing 1 lb. 9 oz and it was one of the most difficult things I have ever had to go through. They were not sure why I delivered so prematurely and there were moments when I was truly terrified to try again. When my son Michael was just 8 months old (5 months actual age)- I found out I was pregnant again. Everything seemed to be going well until I went in for an ultrasound at 24 weeks and found that I had no cervix left. Too late for a cerclage and scared to death- into the hospital I went and just a few days later- labor ensued. Lucky for me, magnesium and all those other fun drugs stopped things and I spent the next 73 days on full bedrest (only bathroom priviledges)in the hospital. My husband brought my son almost everyday to seem me and after a long hard journey, my daughter Claire was born (she is now 6 1/2)! It was determined then that I did have an incompetent cervix after Claire's pregnancy and they told me I would need a cerclage if I tried again. I gave birth to my third child, a boy (Matthew) just 2 1/2 years ago after a much better pregnancy which required little hosptialization but bedrest from week 27 on. He was born at 36 weeks. I am now pregnant with our fourth and final baby and currently 32 weeks. I am praying to make it to 36 weeks when they will take out my cerclage. Your story is so reminiscent of my own and I will be praying for you,your husband, your son, and your beautiful baby girl who is so thankful for every day her Mom gives her to stay in her warm safety of her belly. I think some of the strength it takes to be successful on bedrest is the experience of having a micro-preemie and realizing that every hour/every day you can give your baby in utero makes so much difference once they baby is on the outside. Feel free to follow me on my blog but please know that all three of my children and my husband will be praying for you daily. After witnessing the miracle that was my first son, Michael- I believe now more than ever in the power of prayer. You are amazing and I know you can get through these difficult times. And I know how proud your daughter will be when she finds out later the phenomenal sacrifices you made for her. It will all be worth it in the end. I wish you nothing but the best. Keep up the good work! 25 weeks!!! That is amazing! Woo hoo!