Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

We were blessed to have a wonderful Thanksgiving with our families and we have SO much to be thankful for! We were cautious with Coy and everyone was awesome and respected our boundaries---I can't wait for the day when we can let our guard down and everyone can love on him.

We ate lots of all the good stuff and Coy even enjoyed some sweet potatoes! I made a Peanut butter/chocolate mousse pie that was a hit! This was a relief since I don't usually make things for others to eat...it's a lot of pressure when you're not good in the kitchen! =)

Coy is growing up by the minute. He loves crawling all over the house and is pulling-up on anything he can find. He LOVES to stand up and his Grandmothers think he'll be walking in no time! It is lots of work to keep up with him, but we are loving every second.

This time last year, I was in the hospital on bed rest trying to keep Coy in with all my might. I really can't believe it's already been a year since he was born. I am becoming increasingly emotional at his upcoming birthday--all the feelings, memories, and emotions of that time plus the overwhelming gratitude and thankfulness of where we are today is a lot to digest.

I am just so thankful for all God's gifts. My 1 lb 4 oz baby is now a 17 lb 8 oz little man. We are so blessed.

Enough of that...here are some pics from this weekend...

Coy and I on the way to Thanksgiving with the family...



Family photo...


Coy with Aunt Steph...(she's 34 weeks pregnant!)


Coy with Grams Cook...


My mom, sister, and I enjoying some time on the porch...


The boys playing their "manly" afternoon football game...


Coy with Grandpa Cook...


He loved swinging...


...and standing!


...then off to the Kolkhorst side.
Coy with Grandma Kolkhorst (his eyes closed..but it's the best I could do!)...


Trying to pull up on Grandpa's hand...
So serious as he drives...


He LOVES to play with Aunt Mandy...


...and finally...our little reindeer!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pix! Love, the reindeer one. So cute!! It IS hard to believe that it's almost Coy's first bday. What a year! And what a blessing! Where are Aunt Jenny, Uncle Tim, and cousin Ryder? Didn't see pix of them. Anyway, thank you for sharing all of your thoughts and feelings and pix during this past year. Oh, and I'd love that recipe for the peanut butter/chocolate mousse pie! Love, Vicki

Chris & AnnMarie said...

Thanks Vicki! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Jenny, Ryder, & Tim were in Austin with Tim's family. We missed them! =) And I'll email you the receipe! It was a good one! =)

Lisa said...

Glad you all had a great Thanksgiving! I cannot believe Coy is having his first birthday tomorrow! He has come so far! Way to go, COY!
~Lisa