Sunday, September 14, 2008

We're Okay (Thank you Jesus)

We are so thankful that we made it through the storm without difficulty. It was VERY scary and we will definitely going think twice before "sticking it out" again. It was a Category 2/almost Cat 3 at landfall and it was frightening. We can't even imagine a what a Cat4-5 feels like.

With that said, most of our city has seen great destruction with trees and power lines down, houses destroyed, and flooding. The rain has yet to cease therefore causing flooding in areas it wasn't expected. By the grace of God, our house has power, water, and TV, however, most of Houston continues to be without these. Please continue to pray for people to stay safe, for the power to be turned back on as quickly as possible, for flooding to be minimal, for the rain to stop, and for all those who have lost their homes, cars, and valuables. These are all replaceable, however, still emotional and overwhelming.

5 comments:

Melissa M. Williams said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are okay and your home is okay. It's so hard to tell what is going on when no one has power. My parents are still using a generator to keep a few things powered. There house wasn't damaged, thank God. Thank you for posting to let us know how you are!

redburns said...

glad to know ya'll made it through!

abby said...

I'm glad that you guys are okay and hopefully all of Houston will have its power on soon.

Tricia said...

Glad you are okay! Did you guys get any damage? We just lost a fence, but nothing major. We have had power on and off, since the first day. We didn't have water until late last night, though.

Anonymous said...

Glad everyone's ok. I had lots of trees down, but I must be living right. None fell on my house. About 6 of the trees behind my house snapped in half and fell sideways between my house and the people behind me. Thank God!! I just got my power on last night so I've been staying in Katy at my brother's and then in Sugarland at my son's. Most of Crosby is still in the dark. None of the businesses have power. And this evening I heard a transformer blow and my power blinked off but came back on. My friend down the street (who I sheltered in place with) hasn't gotten hers back on. The transformer was behind her house. Our office lost power and then had water damage. Came thru the roof down to us. Damaged the waiting room, dark room, lab, and Dr. Gowan's office. Restoration has been up there and we went up today and they were getting all the carpet out and had fans everywhere. So we've been out all week. Don't know if we can figure out a way to work next week, but we need to. I need to pay my bills!!!! Anyway, glad everyone is safe. That's the main thing.

Love, Vicki