Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Just a quick post to let everyone know we are sheltering-in-place as recommended for Hurricane Ike. This storm is about to take a direct hit on our beautiful city and we are getting prepared the best we can. Please pray for God to provide shelter and safety to everyone in Hurricane Ike's path. We are going to stay with my sister & brother-in-law (they live close by) because they have a generator which will provide electricity if we lose power (which is expected). I admit that I have suffered from "hurricane fatigue" over the past week thinking that Ike would go elsewhere and we had nothing to worry about. I was wrong! Again, thanks for all the prayers! I will update again as soon as possible!

5 comments:

Risa said...

Hi Annmarie, I've been following your blog for a while now :) Long enough that I can't even remember how I stumbled across it, LOL. But I'm glad I did.. you have a gorgeous little guy, and I am so glad to see him doing so well.

We live in South Florida and know hurricane fatigue all too well, in fact it was just last week that we were bracing to see if Ike would hit us here. Our son was just a few months old the last time we went through a hurricane and it adds a bit to the stress of it all (do I have enough water to make so many bottles of formula for x number of days etc.!)

With all that said, we will certainly be praying for you, it is one heck of a scary looking storm! But we are all in God's hands and He can most certainly keep us from harm. Even the wind and the seas obey him, right?

Thinking of you, and hoping the storm blows over quickly with minimal damage!

Risa

Anonymous said...

Hi, Anne Marie, I was suffering from hurricaine fatigue too. I just knew it was going south of us. We've had soooo many false alarms, I figured this would be one too. I was even at the Astros game last night after I got off work (cleaned your brother-in-law's Tim's teeth---I think I just violated HIPAA--HA!!---saw some GREAT pix of Ryder and his TEETH :)). I planned to go today if they moved it to a 1:00 game. Anyway, I'm also staying here since the mayor told us to. I wanted to stay home by myself with my cats, but my Mom was freaking out, so I'm staying with friends down the street. However, I may change to another friend's at some point because they have a generator and the ones I'm staying with don't. My ex and his wife live around the corner and he said they have generators and to let them know if I needed anything. (He's so much nicer to me now than when we were married---go figure). Anyway, y'all stay safe and I will keep y'all in my prayers. Love, Vicki

Hilary said...

Stay safe!! Praying for you guys!

creative gal said...

I am praying for you and everyone involved!

Ivy

Melissa M. Williams said...

I'm praying for all of you in Houston!