Monday, July 21, 2008

Love

"Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care." Psalm 95: 6-7

By the grace of God, Coy continues to thrive and grow day after day. His strength and courage amaze me. His smile overjoys my heart and fills my eyes with tears. He is the love of my life (along with his daddy). I could not imagine life without him.

He is now laughing! And I mean, giggling! It really is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. He's my whole heart. (If I forgot to mention that before...=))



He's rolled from his belly to his back twice, but has yet to go from back to belly. He's getting closer though! He is now reaching for toys and bringing his feet together in the air. He is also sitting assisted with "good" head control.



He loves bearing weight on his legs!


He loves putting EVERYTHING in his mouth!



ECI came today with a nutritionist. She measured and weighed him; he is 13 lbs 4 oz and 23 inches long. She advised we start him on rice cereal; I am looking forward to seeing how he takes to that! She said he looks great and was so encouraging!

Yesterday, Coy and Ryder seemed to discover each other. Coy smiled at Ryder and Ryder wanted to touch Coy. They are too cute.


Look how big he is! He loves to "hang out" like this sometimes!

We don't have much going on until the sleep study next week. Thanks for all your advice on how to make it more bearable! Hopefully, it goes smoothly and Coy will "pass"! Please continue to pray for us! We are so appreciative!

11 comments:

Sylvia and Daniel said...

Still praying for you guys and LOVE keeping up with Coy and all the Lord is doing and how He is blessing you guys! Thanks also for the Fuzzi Bunz advice!

In Him,
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Where did you get that super cute "Lil Peanut" onesie?

Chris & AnnMarie said...

Baby Gap!

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

Ann Glowacki said...

Ann Marie,

Coy is just so adorable... he's really grown up! Sounds like he is doing great, too. I hope the sleep study goes very well and Coy passes with flying colors. We had a ton of fun at ours, let me tell you... and we love Baby Gap too, I can't go in there without buying Jaxson at least a few outfits (it is very dangerous!) Take care,

Ann

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big Coy looks next to Ryder!! Ryder looks like he is about to take off walking too!! It is so good to see them "playing" together!!!

Juliette said...

Coy is so adorable. I can't believe how much he's grown. I'm glad things are going so well.

Julie

Sarah-Jane said...

so good to see Coy and you thriving!!
wow...he looks amazing.
joseph's aunt in KY

August said...

Oh my gosh! I love the video of Coy laughing!! It put a huge smile on my face! :o) Love ya!

twin power mommy ♥ said...

Hello, found you through RyanAndrew and just thought i'd leave a comment. My twins were born 25 weeks at 1.2 and 1.3 pounds. It's amazing how much those little ounces make such a difference in size! I see that your little guy was the same size as my girls.
It's tough to have them be born that early. I was just telling the story of my girls' birth to a friend of mine this morning. I remember it all too well.
I think it's something that never fades in your head.
The NICU is forever burned in my brain!

My girls are now 6 and doing well.

Our Lord is amazing! He has complete control of these situations.

C'mon over to my site and check us out sometime.
Hope you have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I visit your site around once a month for updates on your boy..and I'm always so amazed at how much he has grown and how awesome he looks! may Coy and your family continue to be blessed. Your family is a great testimony to God's love and His grace.