Monday, July 28, 2008

cereal and rolls

Coy's cousins Macey and Thomas successfully moved to Houston over the weekend along with their mommy & daddy of course. My sister & I bravely dared to watch the twins while they got settled into their new house. Macey went to sleep quickly after they arrived, but Thomas was a different story! He was a handful and loves to be entertained. They are both so adorable and I'm so thrilled Coy has all his cousins close by!

Here is a video of the boys having a little fun...watch to see who wins the battle!

Coy also spent time with his cousin Ryder over the weekend. Ryder has so much energy and has recently perfected his crawling skills, so he is EVERYWHERE! I am sure that Coy will quickly be chasing his cousin around!

Where's Grandpa looking?

Playing with Great Grandma Kolkhorst
Coy with Great Grandpa Kolkhorst...Do they look alike??
We've had two BIG firsts this week: 1) I attempted (key word here is ATTEMPTED) to feed Coy rice cereal 2) Coy has become a rolly-poly and now is rolling from his back to belly constantly!

The rice cereal didn't go over too well on the first attempt. I know the point of it is to get him use to the spoon and swallowing and such, but I think he spit it all out. I can't say I blame him though, it didn't seem too appetizing. His daddy asked, "how can he eat cereal if he doesn't have any teeth?" Haha. I will keep trying to get Coy use to the cereal, any good suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Doesn't he look excited?

Coy first rolled over on Saturday. It was more like a slow motion to the side roll, then a tug, tug, tug, on to his belly. On Sunday, he did this 3 or 4 times, still perfecting his technique. Yesterday (Monday), I put him on a blanket on the floor walked into the kitchen and when I came back, he was on his belly! So, I turned him back over, and back to his belly he went! He is still trying to figure out what to do with his arms after he gets to his belly, so he gets a little frustrated, but it's so much fun to see him roll! (I have a video of it that I will upload soon...)

Please pray for the sleep study to go well. It's scheduled for Thursday night. Coy & I will be spending the night at Hermann in the sleep lab.

And, please keep baby Rhys and his sweet parents, Candice & Cody, in your thoughts and prayers. Rhys has had a rough couple of days, but is fighting through the storm. Please pray that Rhys's brain bleed has resolved completely, pray for his lungs to be free of fluid and there be no damage left from the oscillator/ventilator, pray for his blood gases to be wonderful, and for him to stay free of infection, pray for God to heal him to absolute perfection!

4 comments:

Jess said...

I never used the rice cereal b/c my kids hated it. I used the single oat oatmeal by Gerber- you might when to check with your drs b/c he was so early but my boys did much better with oatmeal instead of rice. My two cents. :)

Melissa M. Williams said...

I will be thinking about you and Coy tomorrow night! Good luck with everything, and you both will be in my prayers!

August said...

Those videos were too cute! I laughed out loud! And the pics were great with your captions! haha! Thanks for sharing! I will be thinking and praying about you and Coy on Thursday. :o)

Juliette said...

Coy looks so good! I just love all the pictures. It's going to be a lot fun around the Houston area with all those cute kids playing together.

Ryan didn't really like the rice, but he loved the barley cereal. I have always mixed Ryan's cereal with a little juice to add some sweetness/flavor to it.