Friday, March 28, 2008

the DUE date

well, today was the day; the day he was due...
for the past 4 months, i have dreaded this day...
I have wondered how i would feel today....
....and today, i can happily say, i am celebrating God's gifts...
I have my baby boy home with me, I am able to hold him, play with him, bath him, sleep close to him...by the grace of God, I get to do all the things I longed to do...
I am not struggling anymore with the "what ifs"...I am now rejoicing each day and am so THANKFUL for every second.
Even with all we've been through, I feel like the "luckiest" person on earth; so grateful for God's healing of Coy...
this journey has taught me so much; I am not sure why we've been "chosen" for this path, but I trust in God's plan, a plan so great I cannot understand...
my baby boy is absolutely perfect, a perfect child of God...
Thank you Jesus

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24









11 comments:

Renee Miller said...

what a wonderful gift. praise the good lord. i am so happy for you. he is getting so big. what a cutie, he is.

Anonymous said...

he is absolutely perfect. Your faith is so inspiring. We all have tribulations and sometimes it seems so hard to bear. But Gods grace has shone on Coy. Your gift to everyone who reads this blog is priceless. Thank You!

Anonymous said...

Praise God... You give me strength everytime I read your blog. God has not only bless you, but everyone who reads your words and thoughts here. Thank you.

Shari Cagle

Lindsay said...

What a perfect little blessing! I am so glad to see him at home where he belongs and he looks like he is thriving :) I am so glad to read how well YOU are doing, too!

Juliette said...

Wow! The due date! It really puts things in perspective. Coy truly is a little miracle.

Julie

Anonymous said...

This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it.That has been my scripture for our grandson Joseph for the past few months.It really helps me focus on today and not worry about tomorrow.We all continue to lift little Coy up to the Lord and praise Him for the miracle his little life is.We are so happy for you all.Sleep sound in Jesus.

Anonymous said...

AnnMarie

You have been an inspiration to people all over the world. The way that you and Chris handled this challenge, your faith in God and in each other was such a lesson and example for many, many people. There is an overwhelming sense of love that jumps off each page that I read. I am so thankful for the lesson...my faith has grown and I am sure many can say the same. That's why God picked you....job well done!! I praise the Lord daily for what He's done. We will continue to pray for your family as we rejoice in the Lord's victory!!!

Melanie Prevost
1997-2000 Cy-Falls Cheer Mom

~j~ said...

Such a wonderful testimony to your faith and perserverance.
He is absolutely adorable. Thank you for sharing your lives with all of us and letting us have the privledge of praying for the three of you. I am amazed by God.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne Marie & Chris!! I look at Coy's site everyday and am so happy to see he is home. Here is my nephew's website. He was also born a premie. He is now 4 years old!! http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewMyStory.do?method=executeInit

God Bless ya'll!!! :)
Vicky

Amanda B said...

Congratulations on getting this far. There are many people out there who could not have done what you and Chris have done, and you truly are blessed. This is the first of many milestones, and may you cherish each and every one. Coy is lucky to have such wonderful parents. He is looking GREAT!

John and Kelly said...

It is so good to hear how you have been healed too! We love you guys.

Kelly