Wednesday, March 26, 2008

big and chubby

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10

I'm happy to report Coy is doing great here at home! He is really getting big and chubby! He loves his milk! We are all adjusted to NO sleep now; actually, Coy has really improved on his sleeping habits over the past 4 days. At first, I thought he had his days and nights mixed up, but he is now sleeping in his cradle between feedings at night. This gives me about 2 hours of sleep at a time! It's awesome =)! He has been congested for the past day or so; I have been using the bulb syringe to extract some VERY large boogers--yes, gross, but true. He sounds much better today but absolutely hates the suctioning. Other than that, he is your average newborn--eats, poops, sleeps, repeat....


Please continue to pray for Coy's total healing and complete development! We don't have any MD appts this week--next Monday we will see the High Risk Pedi.

The March of Dimes Walk is fastly approaching. We invite you to join team Coy if in the Houston area and come walk with us! Click the link on the right of the page for more details!




13 comments:

~j~ said...

I love seeing where the Lord has brought you.... bulb syringing Coy! that is just plain awesome.
There were probably many days and nights where you just couldnt' even imagine doing that! I'm truly so happy for you. Thanking God for continued good health and development.
God bless you sweet parents,
love julia

Ann Glowacki said...

What a cute little chubster! He's adorable! It's wonderful he loves to eat, I know a lot of preemies have issues with that. I'm so happy he's able to let you guys sleep a little now too! Keep up the great progress Coy!

Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you all. I hope that you get more sleep as time goes on. I am getting ready to enter into this phase. God bless.

Shari Cagle

Anonymous said...

God bless you all.You are doing great!!none of my babies ever slept through the night until they weighed 12-14 lbs.It will fly by and will soon have some new "normals"maybe be able to watch a movie with no feeds in the middle!!May the God of hope fill you all with peace and love .May you all sleep sound in Jesus.

Amanda said...

Ann Marie, we are all moved in just across the freeway from you guys. Please let me know if I can ever drop lunch or groceries off at your doorstep. My email is prinmandy at hotmail. When I pray for you now, I love that I get to picture you in your home and not at that hospital. Praise the Lord!
Blessings,
Amanda

Unknown said...

It is so great to see pictures of him doing so well. He looks fantastic and I am so glad to hear that you are 'adjusting' to such a miracle baby.

Ashley Williams

Amanda Ogletree said...

I just can't believe how chubby his cheeks and chin are! So cute!! I praise God for how far he has brought you all! I know you must be exhausted not getting much sleep but I am sure, thankful on the same hand just to have him home with you now. Continuing to pray for development and healing!

In Christ,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Chubby; just the way I like to see my little ones!

Coy is looking so wonderful, he is such a handsome young man!

Keeping you all in my prayers.

Jen

Esperanza said...

He is gettiong chubby... Loving it... he just loves to eat I bet... awesome...precious little angel...
We keep Coy in our prayers every day... My whole family is dying to finally meet him... But we are going to wait until is completely safe for Baby Coy... I think 5 more weeks...right... big hugs...
The Penaloza's

Tracy Bratten said...

So happy to hear that you guys are adjusting to life at home with baby! Coy is becoming a little man!

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely in love with his little cheeks!!! HOw do you not sit there all day and just kiss them?? He is such a gorgeous little miracle. Enjoy all this tim you get to have with him, it will all go by so fast!!!
Hugs and Kisses,
The Silva's

Susan said...

I am happy to hear that baby Coy is at home finally and healthy and happy! Those chubby cheeks are just adorable!

Susan Richardson

Tricia said...

Hey Guys! He is looking so good. What an adorable little boy he is! Please let us know if you need anything. We are not too far away from you guys, and I am home during the day.