Thursday, February 14, 2008

awesome GOD!

"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Psalm 100:1-5

Thanks be to God for Coy's continued healing! Coy was extubated and placed on CPAP of 7 after fully waking up this morning. He has done GREAT so far...he was on 21% oxygen (room air) most of the day...this is better than before! I don't understand how after being intubated, going to surgery, being coded, re-intubated, and put under anesthesia he could come out better than before??? We just have to PRAISE GOD!! Please continue to pray for healing of Coy's lungs; that he will stay strong & mighty and breathe like the little champ he is...

They restarted his feedings at 12cc and will work back up to 25cc gradually...he really liked his milk today...he still takes his pacifier and wakes up when it's time to eat!

I prayed and prayed (with all of you) yesterday for him to wake up...today at his bedside, I was trying to get him to fall asleep!! Oh boy, did he ever wake up....thank you Jesus!

He was really ticked off that he still had an IV in his left arm (he swings his left arm round and round until I put my hand over it and calm him down...he does this everytime he has an IV in his left arm...) His IV will most likely come out tonight or maybe sometime tomorrow...that hopefully will make him a happier camper

thanks to all for the continued love and support! it means so much to us!!

Here is a picture of Coy before surgery on Tuesday (with his holter monitor on)...
Here is a picture of him resting comfortably tonight...he weighed in at 3lb3oz!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah to God! What wonderful news to hear that Coy is better and stronger since his surgery and coding incident. Thanks for sharing the pictures too. Oh my, is he EVER cute??????? He is!!!!!

Anonymous said...

SO PRECIOUS AND SUCH A MIRACLE!

Ann Glowacki said...

Ann Marie and Chris,

Oh I am sooo happy for you guys! Coy is just amazing, he wants so badly to make his mommy and daddy proud! And he's gaining weight like a champ! I love the outfits... he's just so cute! You have truly been blessed with an amazing little boy! That's the best Valentine's day gift ever...

Love,

Ann, Shawn, and Jaxson

Anonymous said...

What a Happy Valentine's Day to you. It was a year ago today that we found out that we were having a baby. She is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to us. I am so happy that he is doing so well. He has such purpose on this earth and is such a fighter! Hallelujah!!! I will continue to pray for all of you. And yes, he is super cute!!

~j~ said...

I cannot tell you what a blessing it was for me to come home tonite and read such an encouraging post. The Lord had put Coy on my heart most of the day today and driving back home from being out of town I couldn't wait to check your blog. Our God is an AWESOME God!
Blessings,
~j~

Melissa M. Williams said...

This is such great news!!!! What an amazing day it must have been for you two. I am just so happy for you! He is definitely growing and maturing in every picture. So cute!

Beth said...

I am SO thrilled and excited for you all - I have tears in my eyes! The words escape me, but I have such joy in my heart as I witness God's miracles at work!

Anonymous said...

THE HEALING POWER OF GOD IS WITHIN COY CHRISTOPHER KOLKHORST!!!!

Jenny said...

Hallelujah! You guys have a great day today just praising God and resting a bit.

He looks so cute in the pctures.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Thanks be to God. He (both God and Coy) is truly amazing! I had to laugh though at the picture of him before surgery--one sock on and one sock off just like a "normal" healthy baby! What strength he has to kick socks off, pull out his tubes, move his arms, etc. I so can't wait to see you at Kinsmen one day and meet you.

marissa said...

We are so happy for you all! Congrats on all the good news and Thank God for all His blessings. Coy is so adorable and getting so big. We are so excited to hear he is growing and getting stronger each day. Can't wait to hear of more good news in the days and weeks to follow... We are really looking forward to the post that says "GOING HOME!" =)

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD! LET EVERYTHING THAT HAS BREATH PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME! THANK YOU JESUS!

Anonymous said...

YAY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esperanza said...

May God be blessed always...
Those are awesome news... We are very happy... God work in misterious ways. We are going to continue sending prayers for Coy and for all your precious family...
Big hug...
Esperanza Orlando & Liam Penaloza

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! Will keep the prayers coming your way : )

~m

Cora said...

Your son is just beautiful. I just love the first photo of you kangarooing him!

I'm so glad that the ROP treatment went well, and that he's been moved to CPAP so quickly. Your family will remain in my prayers.

Steph V said...

AMEN!!!!! Oh, praise His sweet name for such wonderful news!!! I am so happy to hear this. What a precious little thing. Life has got me in such a sentimental place right now and seeing these pictures just brings tears to my eyes. He's so handsome and strony, and my what a brave little fighter!!! Praying for y'all always!!

Blessings,
Stephanie