Wednesday, January 16, 2008

ups and downs...

"O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

What a wonderful day we had today! I was able to hold Coy for 4 hours! He slept majority of the time, sucked on his paci some, drooled on me....he's so precious, such a beautiful baby boy! Daddy got to practice at changing a diaper again...he was struggling a bit so I had to step in and help him out! I guess I'm a little over protective over the little guy...

Coy had another Echocardiogram yesterday...his third one thus far; today his doctor told us they did find "something" on one of his valves...he thinks it could be an "abscess" or source of infection, i.e. Bacterial Endocarditis---this basically means bacteria have been living and multiplying on one of his heart valves....of course they will consult with Infectious Disease and Cardiology to look at the "spot" closer...this is not the Serratia bacteria (hospital acquired) that he has colonizing in his lungs, but the staph non aureus bug (this bacteria is present on skin) that he was treated for a few weeks ago; however the Echo done at that time did not show anything so the doctors never did locate a source of infection--anyway...the treatment for this will not change...still be on Vancomycin for 42 days; cephapine for 10 days; repeat Echo will be done at a later time to monitor the abscess; blood cultures & lab work as well...please pray with us that the antibiotics will treat and completely heal Coy of all infections! Pray for his heart; that it will not suffer any damage from this bacteria! Please pray for negative blood cultures!

His feedings were increased to 7 cc every 3 hours, which he is tolerating quite nicely! It is so funny to watch him chew on his tubes (OG & ET) after the milk is in his tummy....
Coy's urine output has been good as well...such a blessing that the little man continues to urinate just as he should!

Please continue to pray for the complete and total healing of our little peanut! We need prayers tonight for: Coy to continue to digest all milk, for his GI tract to stay free of infection, for his heart to heal and function normally, for Coy to be healed of all infections, for him to be free of any eye disease (ROP), for his oxygen requirement to be lowered, for the healing of his lungs--for them to be free of scar tissue, fluid, and infection, for Coy to be comfortable and sleep soundly!

We are so thankful for all the tremendous love and support! Your encouraging comments are so nice to read; they really bring up our spirits when we are down!

11 comments:

kristie kitch said...

Anne Marie and Chris---
You don't know me....I am Justin Ruchti's cousin. I just wanted to commend you both on your strength and courage during all of these trials with Coy. I am so inspired by both of you, and so in love with your baby. I can't go to sleep at night without reading about how Coy's day was. I pray for you everyday and send out requests to all I know. Stay strong for that baby, and get some rest for when he comes home. God bless you. ---Kristie Kitch

Lynne Piper said...

Ann Marie:

You and Chris are courageous fighters and you passed that on to your son. One of the names of God is El Roi - The God Who Sees. He sees Coy's affliction down to the very cell, He also sees your faith, and it is strong. You are not alone. We think about you all, pray for you all, and well...wish there was more I could do.

I'm encouraged by his vent settings, his urine output, etc. and praying for this infection to be stopped in it's tracks.

Thank you so much for taking the time to update and call out for more prayer.

Blessings,

Lynne Piper

Ann Glowacki said...

Ann Marie and Chris,

Glad to hear today was a better day! I always look forward to your updated blog which I read at night, thank you for taking the time to do that! I'm so happy you got to cuddle with the sweetie today, and I'm happy he's taking his feeds well. :) We will just keep praying the infection is gone soon! Take care, and I hope there's a lot more good news to come...

Love, Ann, Shawn, and Jaxson

Shan said...

Hey! I'm at work but thought I'd leave a comment to let you know...
EVERYONE here at work knows about Coy and we all talk about you guys all the time and I update the other nurses constantly on how his days are going. He amazes us all. Today, a CA brought her laptop so I was able to pull up the website and share it with everyone. We're all so impressed with your strength, Coy's strength, he's amazing!!! There's about 8 people in the breakroom right now who are asking what to pray for tonight, and assure me they think of you all often and pray for him constantly. And me too, of course!=)

Lots of love,
Shannon

P.S. I'm sad I missed seeing your bro when he was down on my floor...I didn't work any of those days.=(

Anonymous said...

Great news that he is tolerating the milk so well. That is a very positive thing. Hope everything works out with the abscess. Thinking of you and hope you all have a good day today.

Muggle Mom said...

ann marie & chris....

we are wanting to do a blood drive in honor of coy. could you please email me when you get a chance?

nicole
(suzi's sister)

Muggle Mom said...

guess it helps if i include my email address...silly me! lol!

mugglemom78@cebridge.net

Vicky Eickerman said...

Chris and Ann Marie,
Just a note to let you know that prayers are being lifted up as far away as Spokane for you and Coy. I am a friend of Kathy. I am very touched as I read your daily blogs as you testify to your faith and love in God. I pray that God will continue to bestow upon you His strength and that He will heal Coy.
Vicky Eickerman

Anonymous said...

It is so good that he is again tolerating the milk so well. That is really good. You are going to pass on to him your streigh, corage also your antibodies... I am in for the blood drive in honor of coy. Please keep me inform about that. email emr_co@yahoo.com
Thank you so much for the daily updates... I check everyday the blog so we can know exactly where to focus our prayers for Coy. Keep it up and hang in there. You are in our prayers too...
Esperanza Orlando & Liam Penaloza

Anonymous said...

I read your son's blog after you left a comment on the pray for joseph blog. Know that I'm praying for Coy, too, as I pray for Joseph!

Rebecca Frech said...

Anne Marie and Chris and Baby Coy-
We have walked the road you are on (my water broke at 27 weeks) and my heart aches for you. What a wonderful/terrible time this can be in the life of a family. Parenting a premie is unlike any other kind of parenting. Find someone who has been through this and ask lots of questions. If you can't find anyone, ask us. Our Wyatt is a blessing and a miracle, and is now 8 years old and a champion gymnast.

We will hold your family in prayer until the day Coy comes home.

God bless you all,
The Mom, the Dad and all 5 Little Kids