Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Thank God for another day!

"I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge." Psalm 18:1-2

Thanks be to God for another day! Chris and I were blessed this New Year's; we were able to spend another day with our little one! He had so much energy today! He was waving his arms around in his incubator all day! He is just so funny to watch! I can tell he was feeling better because he had more strength today---he was laying on his stomach with his head facing left, he was able to pick up this head and turn it all the way to the right...he's never done this before! Of course, he could have extubated himself, so he really shouldn't do that, but it was good to see his strength. So, Coy had another good day...

His blood gases were "great" last night---they were able to wean his ventilator down to 20 BPM---this is really good! His oxygen requirement also decreased from 60% to 30-40%--again, really good! Please pray that his respiratory status continues to improve! Pray Coy can be changed to CPAP instead of the ventilator soon!

He continued to urinate at a steady rate today---please pray this continues! He was back to his normal size--last night he weighed in at 2 lbs, however, he still had some fluid on him. I imagine tomorrow he will probably weigh around 1 lb 14 oz--please pray that Coy will continue to grow at a steady rate...

Please pray that he stays infection free! Pray against meningitis; pray that his body will tolerate another week of antibiotics...

Please pray tonight for a family we weren't able to meet; a baby was delivered today at 25 weeks, he was being brought to a bed close to Coy's; the baby died in transport..please pray for this family who is grieving this loss

We are so thankful and love you all!

12 comments:

Steph V said...

AMEN and Happy New Year! I haven't been able to comment in so long b/c all of my checking in has been done on my phone. Please know that I have prayed non-stop for you three and I am so glad you all were able to start the new year off so well!!!

With all of our love,
The Vandagriffs

Anonymous said...

Okay... It's time for some humor. I know you THINK that sign was Coy saying "I love you" and it *might* be, but I say it's HOOKEM HORNS! :-)

SO SO HAPPY things went so well today.

Love,
Aunt Mary

Ann Glowacki said...

Ann Marie, Chris, and Coy,

Great news! I am so happy to hear the little guy is making strides in the right direction! When you describe Coy moving his head from left to right... Jaxson used to do that when he was tiny. I was always amazed, he used to love to do it when we kangarooed. It's amazing the strength they have even though they are so little!

I am so happy for your good news, we will continue to pray for lots more!!! Take care,

Ann, Shawn, and Jaxson

ps- I love the photos at the top, they are so sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

i have been peeking at your blog from time to time to see Coy's progress. (I saw it on another blog.) So glad he is doing better. I don't know much about preemies but I ran across an article in a magazine that I thought might be interesting to you. A baby like yours was in the NICU. He was #5 in his family. His mother was praying about him as he was on a ventilator and had other struggles. She got the idea to record her kids', hers and her husband's voices on a little tape player and ask the nurses to play it when they couldn't be there. When the nurses played it and the baby heard their voices, he breathed on his own. When it turned off he relied on the breathing machine again. I don't know if you are allowed to have a tape player next to him but I thought it was such a positive story that you'd like to hear it.
Prayers will continue for him and I'm sure the heavens watch over him. (and you and your husband too)

Muggle Mom said...

what wonderful news!!!!

happy new years to your family!

Nicole

Amanda said...

Praise God for another good day! I had to give some applause when I read this. God bless you guys today!
Love,
Amanda

Lynne Piper said...

I am so grateful to God for seeing Coy through some serious hurdles. It is fantastic to be able to rejoice in some good news. Praying that Coy's body becomes stronger every day. Awesome news about negative cultures!

Blessings,

Lynne Piper

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear the good news... I was reading a few of the blogs today, and I wanted to let you know I think you are very strong! It takes courage to write this blog and you keep very positive in your postings! You are only human and will have your ups and downs. I am praying more than ever!!

Best to you, Chris and Coy!
Orlagh

Anonymous said...

Coy is such a fighter. I know you are very proud of him. We are very happy that he is improving. Remember to talk to Archangel Raphael. I know he is with Coy right now. Talk to him.
Your family is in our prayers.
Happy New Year...
Esperanza, Orlando and Liam Penaloza (the neighbors)

Anonymous said...

What great news! I have been thinking about you and Chris and Coy, and praying lots. He is definitely a fighter, and so are you! Keep it up, I am pretty sure you've got God on your side. :)

Happy New Year!

August said...

I am so happy to hear that Coy had a great New Years! I have been praying hard for you all.

Happy New Years, lots of love and prayers,
August

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog and checking on you and Coy daily. The "I love you" picture is the sweetest picture I have ever seen. I can't put into words what I am feeling for you and Chris. We pray for you every night.

Happy Holidays, love, and prayers to Coy and your family,

Ashley (Hayes) Farrell