Tuesday, January 22, 2008

sleepy boy...



"My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body." Proverbs 4: 20-22

He was sleeping when I got there today...(above picture)

I wish everyone could come in person to see how adorable Coy is looking; pictures don't do him justice! He is really starting to "fill out". Yes, he's now 2lb6oz...so big, I know...when he hits the 3 lb marker he can start wearing clothes!! Momma's gonna have to go shoppin...

He has a camouflage hat that his Aunt Mandy gave him for Christmas--he wore it today during kangaroo care...so cute...


Coy had a repeat Echo today, then afterwards had an EKG done....no results yet, hopefully we should know something tomorrow...please pray that the "spot" on his heart is gone!! Pray for normal heart structure & function...

He is now eating 20 cc of "fortified" breast milk every 3 hours...they fortify the breast milk to add more calories...so far, Coy is tolerating his feeds nicely...he did "spit up " on me again today...his NP said she is not too worried about it, since all babies spit up...it's just scary for Coy since he is intubated...we don't want him to aspirate his milk or extubate himself...please continue to pray for Coy to tolerate all his feedings!!

His blood gas was good this morning so they weaned his rate to 28 bpm on the vent...they will wean down to 25 bpm in the morning 2 hours prior to his next blood gas....please pray for awesome blood gases so we can wean off the vent (we need to get to a rate of 20 bpm to extubate)....and Coy can go to CPAP soon!

Coy's urine output has been good the past few days...please continue to pray for adequate urine output...

We are so thankful for all the prayers & support!


10 comments:

Life in the Kerlee Household said...

Go Coy Go! You are making leaps and bounds buddy. Keep fightin and we're praying for ya for good results on the EKG and EEG.

Always Tracey & Jaymin

Ann Glowacki said...

What a sweet, precious boy! I'm so happy he's growing and tolerating his milk! Keep up the good work little guy, hopefully soon you'll get that tube out! I'm so happy to hear the good news, we'll keep praying for more!

Love, Ann, Shawn, and Jaxson

Renee Miller said...

he is getting so big and he is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann Marie-

I know your sister and her husband Chase from high school and college- And I am best friends with Chad Beckemeyer's sister (who I think Chris knows)- I have been reading your blogs and I just want you to know I have been praying for Coy, although you do not know me. I pray he gets stronger everyday, and I look forward to reading his updates! I understand you are a nurse, as am I- but from reading from your blogs- you definitley come from a mother's stand point. You seem like such a great mom. It's so sweet to read. Anyway, Coy is such a precious boy and I hope you get awesome EKG results tomorrow!! =)

Kelly Carter-Plagens

Anonymous said...

We don't know you but have been told about your blog from a friend. Your child is a true miracle and please know that he is in our prayers daily. He has shown us that nothing is impossible and true strength comes from within. We are so glad to hear that he is growing sooo big! Also, the two of you are truely amazing. Coy is so lucky to have such wonderful parents!

Anonymous said...

Your little baby Coy is so precious. I love seeing picturs of him and hearing the wonderful progress. I don't know you and your family but I feel like I do. I am friends with the Praytors and they sent me your blog, which I read daily. My family and I pray for you and your family daily. We have prayers for Coy all over the world. You are wonderful parents and Coy is a blessing and a fighter.

Anonymous said...

We have been praying for Coy- asking specifically for those things you request..We also pray for both of you and all those who love you - for your continued strength, hope, endurance and peace.
We read your updates daily and look forward to meeting your amazing son!
Sending our love! - Dottie and John Bo

Amanda said...

I'm so encouraged by all the ways God has been answering prayers for Coy. I wrote in my journal this morning: "Coy graduate to CPAP." I'm believing God for that to come soon!

Esperanza said...

Yeahhhhh.... Coy you are a huge boy already... look at you... We would love to stop by and check on baby Coy too... we were just kind of shy about it... but really we are very happy that he is gaining so much weight... that is awesome... mamis milk is wonderful right... I did not know about any fortified breastmilk but that is amazing too... He is in our prayers daily...
Esperanza Orlando & Liam P.

Anonymous said...

Chris and Ann Marie--
Hello friends! A long time has passed since we have seen each other, but I give thanks to Alexander Graham Bell, (or whoever invented the internet!) but even more praise to God, who saved Coy's life, and mine as well, when he sent his own son to die for us all. I still pray for Coy, that he can live a happy life, and also that his mom and dad will be pleased with the life God has given to them. Keep me posted on the latest news from the 'Coy Files'! Good luck, amigos, and stay in touch...
Doug Dillman
thisisdoug@hotmail.com