Wednesday, January 23, 2008

DOL--51



"Now I know the Lord saves his anointed; he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand." Psalm 20:6

Coy had another good day today; he was wide awake for majority of it. He especially opens his eyes and smacks his lips together when it's time for his feeding. It's amazing to me that he correlates the food coming from his mouth...but like clockwork, sure enough when it's time for him to eat, he's in his house smacking away...it's also amazing to me to think that he loves his pacifier...most preemies have issues with feeding, sucking, and swallowing...one reason being babies don't develop those reflexes until the third trimester...second reason preemies have issues is due to the "bad" association they have with "things" in their mouths (ET, OG tubes..) So I am glad to see him smacking and chewing and sucking...

Coy has had a small emesis (vomit) for the past three days...it is not much, but none the less, scary for me to see...the nurses don't freak out about it, just me...they say it's okay and some babies have issues with reflux...hopefully he just grows out of it...he is still taking 20cc with every feeding...

His vent was weaned down to 25 bpm this morning...he had an okay blood gas after, but his chest xray showed his ET tube was too high, so they re-taped it to the correct position...his next blood gas at 4pm wasn't too great, so they did another xray and the tube was in too far, so they re-taped it again and repeated the gas...it did the trick & Coy had an awesome blood gas at 7pm...his nurse practitioner said the plan will be to "grow" him-- allow his lung tissue to grow and get stronger...although I want him to go to CPAP soon, I don't want to rush him then have to go back to the ventilator...I've never been a very patient person, I guess God is working on me now..

We didn't receive the Echo results today...hopefully tomorrow...

He continues to urinate just fine...of course he is on chronic diuretics so this helps...

Please continue to pray for our little man...he is really becoming stronger & bigger by the day! Each day I feel so blessed to be able to hold him, watch him, and just love him...

8 comments:

John and Kelly said...

Kel told me that coy is really doing great!
That is awesome! Sorry I haven't seen you guys in a few days. We have been shuffling the kids, and I have been mr. mom a lot while kel is up there. BUT...
I really want to do another dinner with you guys, so please, let's get out again soon!

See ya and know I am praying for you all!

John

Ann Glowacki said...

Great news, Ann Marie!

I am so happy to hear Coy is doing better each day! He is just so adorable! Jaxson used to do the same thing with his feeds... like clockwork, he knew it was time to eat and would suck away on that little paci. So cute!

I hope Coy continues to wean off the vent. Like you, I have had to learn a lot of patience...He'll get there, hopefully very soon!

Take care,

Ann, Shawn, and Jaxson

Beth said...

Wow - as Coy's beautiful eyes shown on my monitor I caught my breath - he really is a miracle from God. I'm so glad he's doing so well and his hat is great! Praying the echo comes back clear. Blessings ~

Tom & Karen Borba said...

Ann Marie and Chris,

So glad Coy is doing better, you all are such an inspiration to us. Just want you to know your "California Family" is with you. Love reading your blog and we continue to pray daily for all of you. God Bless

Tom and Karen

gramscook said...

look out world that is one beautiful child inside and out. God created one true miracle and we are all witnesses to this. I can not wait to hold and kiss this little man. Grams.

whitney said...

Dear AnnMarie and Chris,my husband,Chris Gowan told me of your beautiful baby Coy. Now that I have the website I am checking his progress daily as we pray for you!Your Faith is so strong and inspirational to everyone.It is a blessing to read.I have shared it with my bible study group atChapelwood Church and we are all praying.We look forward to seeing Coy at his first dentist appointment in a few years! God Bless you! Love, Whitney Gowan

Esperanza said...

It is so good to check on you guys every day and to know that Coy is doing better and better every day ... he is getting so big so fast... and so beautiful...absolutely beautiful.. he is truly a fighter... We pray for Coy so he can soon wean off the vent for good... He is almost there... I wish we could go and visit but I know that this is family time... anyway, soon I hope you let us go... whenever you feel ready... better yet, soon in your house with baby Coy.. that would be much better right...
We sent you our love...
the Penaloza's family

Renee Miller said...

Coy is so CUTE!!!