Sunday, January 6, 2008

Praise God Always

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

We are all so quick to pray to God when we are in need of something, we beg him--then he answers our prayers and we forget to PRAISE him! I admit I have been guilty of this many times; even last week I found myself doing this. I try to pray on and off throughout the day & night; after Coy started doing better last week, I found myself daydreaming about other things instead of PRAISING GOD for what he had done. I kept begging him days before at every opportunity I had, but then suddenly I got what I wanted and was on to other things...lets all take a moment to THANK GOD for all your blessings! Yes, everyone has stresses in their life, but just be thankful for what you have today!

So, I am now PRAISING GOD for all he's given me; my wonderful husband, my family & friends, the awesome doctors and nurses in the NICU, and our beautiful baby boy! I am SO, SO thankful for him. He has brought tremendous joy into our lives; made us realize how blessed we are.

We had another good day with Coy. I was able to hold him for 4 hours! The first hour or so, Coy would not settle down; he kept squirming and kicking his legs into me; he then got into a comfortable position and fell asleep. He has been desating more than before, but they say this is expected of a baby of his gestational age. Of course it scares us (especially his grandmothers) when he does this, but hopefully soon he'll grow out of this. His blood gas wasn't where they wanted it last night, so they increased his ventilator rate to 35BPM. I was disappointed this morning, but I know this his part of the ride; three steps forward, two back. Overall, his respiratory function is good--please pray for continued healing and maturing of Coy's lungs. Pray that his oxygen requirement will be decreased; pray for his blood gases to improve!

His feedings were increased to 6cc every 3 hours! This is the most Coy has every taken! He tolerated his first two feeds while we were there, hopefully this continues through the night. Pray that Coy continues to digest his milk, that it nourishes his body, that he will gain weight! Pray against an infection called NEC that has a very bad prognosis for preemie babies. For Coy to be able to stop receiving IV fluids, he would need to be taking 15 cc every feeding. We are working that way! Pray that Coy will be on full feedings soon and his IV can be taken out!

Coy is still on his antibiotics and will stay on them until Wednesday. Thanks be to God for Coy's negative blood cultures! Please pray that he will remain infection free for the rest of his stay in the NICU.

His urine output has been just a little low over the past few days. It is just under the amount that the doctors consider "normal". Please pray that Coy's urine output remains stable and he his able to excrete fluids as he needs to...

Again, we are so thankful for all your thought and prayers!

The video below was made fo us by a friend! Enjoy!

8 comments:

kelly said...

the video is great! we're thinking about all of you every day. coy is teling us he loves us in the video and you tell him we love him too. see you soon. lots of love to all of you. kelly and the boys

Amanda said...

I'm praising God and giving Him big applause with you for every great report. God bless you and give you abounding grace for this week.
Much love,
amanda

Coolestmommy said...

Praise the Lord for his miraculous healing. Giving Him the glory and honor in Coy's life.

Cried my eyes out at the video. What a precious boy.

Robyn

gramscook said...

that video was wonderful. Coy is a very special little Boy . We love you. Mom

The Langland's said...

I don't know either of you, but felt the need to let you know that I pray for little Coy each day when I come and read your blog. I'm continually amazed by the miracles God has shown and continues to show us through Coy! The two of you have such a deep Faith that touches even strangers like myself. You are truly blessed to have such a beautiful baby boy! I pray that God will continue to strengthen little Coy and show us just how mighty He is!!!
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11

Anonymous said...

We don't know each other but Lauren sent us your blog site and asked us to pray for little Coy. Your journal entries are absolutely inspirational and the video is incredible, especially the musical accompanyment. Coy is a precious and perfect tiny gift from God. He is so blessed to have parents who are so devoted and faith-filled. We are praying for complete healing for little Coy; and for his Mommy and Daddy.......for continued faith and trust in our loving Father, that your prayers and ours are heard and are being answered. May he who created each of you, heal you and give you all that you ask of him..
God Bless you
Judy

Melissa M. Williams said...

Coy's video is so sweet. You and Coy are on my mind everyday, and I continue to ask God for his healing. I pray that God will continue to answer our prayers, and yes we are SO thankful to Him!
Have a blessed week with your baby Coy!

Melissa Williams

Anonymous said...

That is the most beautiful video I have ever seen... You have no idea how much I cried... It is beautiful. Coy is such a fighter. You guys make such a wonderful family. Coy is always on our prayers. He is blessed in having all of you with him.