Tuesday, January 8, 2008

More milk / New tube / Big poop

Little buddy had another good day. They were able to increase his feeds up to 12cc. Ann Marie got to have 3 1/2 hours of kangaroo time. He got a new breathing tube because the old one somehow came out this morning. This could have been very serious but luckily his doctor was in the room and they were able to insert a new tube quickly. Turns out that he was able to get a larger tube which he was badly needing. We thought he couldn't get this tube until he weighed 1500 grams but we must have misunderstood whoever told us that because we were told today that 1000 grams is the appropriate size. Coy is getting close to being 1000 grams. Hopefully this new tube will help his breathing and allow him to get the size of breath he is needing from his ventilator.

Coy had a surprise for his nurse tonight just before shift change. While getting his diaper changed he decided to have a poop explosion that shot poop all over his bed and isolette. I couldn't help but crack up laughing. His poor nurse had to clean it up and remake his bed but she was a great sport and even laughed herself. We are glad that he is pooping and peeing now and pray that it will continue.

Please pray that Coy will continue to grow and develop. Thanks so much for your prayers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris and Ann Marie,

Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye Heavenly hosts
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Thank you Dear Lord for keeping this family close to You. Thank you for the healing that has occurred.

Ann Glowacki said...

Ann Marie and Chris,

Congrats on the continued good news and progress! Sounds like he is loving mom's milk and growing! The poop story is hilarious, Jaxson did the exact same thing a couple of times... it was ALL OVER his isolette. I had the priveledge to witness it and I cracked up too! Funny how poop still makes us giggle. :) I'm so happy he's doing well... we continue to pray and think about you all the time. Also, Jaxson and I watched the slide show yesterday, it was wonderful. I cried and Jaxson just enjoyed the music! Take care,

Ann, Shawn, and Jaxson

Todd Kolkhorst said...

Oh chris, I always love your posts, they are very direct and to the point (not that I don't equally love the details that ann marie gives us) but somehow i can just hear you telling the story like we're gathered around a campfire, or freezing in a duck blind. I love you man! And am constantly praying for you, ree and coy!

For some reason i was watching a movie and the real-ness of this whole situation came to me. Coy is really in the hospital, and you and ree are really spending every waking moment directing all your love and effort into this little guy.

Just wanted to drop a quick note and let yall know how much i love yall and still praying for yall!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that Coy is doing so well, we pray for you guys everyday, all the time!! Chris, you had my little ones in stiches they thought it was so funny that Coy had what Jay called a "rocket poop". You all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers daily!!

Muggle Mom said...

LOL!!!! The poop story cracked me up! I have way-too-vivid memories of my kids firing poop all over the place when they were little. one fired all the way across the room and hit the TV (about 7 ft away). oh the joys of children!

Anonymous said...

Chris & Ann Marie,
I have been getting updates on you two and your precious baby Coy. I wanted to contact you and tell you that people are praying for your family daily. Even ones that you would not know. I have been blessed to share time in your lives, and I pray for both of you and your Little one to receive all the blessings that God has in store for you.Please tell your families they are in my thoughts.
All my prayers to you in God's name.
Belinda (Conway) Baldwin
Marissa Conway's Mom

cornelson said...

What a joy to continue to watch the progress as God takes you and Coy through this journey. These are things we would never ask for, but also experiences and a closeness with the Lord that we could never have any other way. I continue to pray.
tim cornelson.