Sunday, January 20, 2008

God's Will...


"A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, 'Lord, if you are willing you can make me clean.' Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. 'I am willing,' he said. 'Be clean!' Immediately he was curred of his leprosy." Matthew 8:2-3

Coy is now 2 lb 4 oz! We are so thrilled that he continues to grow and grow! It's amazing to see how different he looks from 7 weeks ago...I'm so thankful that were at this point and hopeful at what the future brings...

Each day I pray and pray for Coy; just begging God for Coy's healing; for his lungs to be clear of fluid, for his tummy to digest his milk, for his kidneys to excrete urine...I am begging that this is God's will, that God's will is for Coy to come home, for him to be a toddler, a kindergartener, a high school graduate, etc...I must admit this morning I was having an "angry, why me?" moment--(yes I still have these every once in a while) I was having a hard time comprehending this world; God's word; everything that has happened over the past few months...then God slapped me in the face and said "Wake up! Be thankful for all I have given you!" Well, no he didn't slap me, but he did tell me to be thankful...so my pity party ended and I happily spent all afternoon with the most precious gift I have ever received...

So I had 3 hours of Kangaroo time today...for some reason, Coy was just not happy...he is so strong now that he is able to pick his head off my chest and turn it!! This is scary because his breathing tube can come out...So each time he tried to do this I litterally had to hold his head against my chest and calm him down. He thinks he's a "big boy" now...

Coy's chest xray looked a bit more "wet" today so he was given a dose of Lasix...this did the trick and his urine output picked up! He was also started back on his chronic diuretics....He required 40-60% oxygen today...all of his ventilator settings remain low...he is now getting a blood gas every morning...please pray for the gases to be awesome, pray that he will be weaned off the ventilator and be able to go to CPAP soon!!

His feedings are now 19cc every 3 hours...this is awesome! It makes me nervous to look at all the milk in the syringe..I think "oh goodness, thats alot for his tiny tummy!" but each time, like a champ, he digests it all! Please continue to pray for Coy to digest and tolerate all his feedings...this is a BIG success...the bigger & stronger he gets, the faster he'll get out of the NICU...

All of Coy's blood cultures have continued to be negative...THANK GOD! He will remain on Vancomycin for awhile longer...please pray for Coy to be infection free! Pray for the possible abscess in his heart to disappear! Pray for complete healing! Pray the PICC line doesn't cause any harm!

Please continue to pray for our little peanut! We are so thankful!



10 comments:

Ann Glowacki said...

Grow Coy Grow! Great news, I am so happy he is doing better and getting feisty while kangarooing. Jaxson used to do that too, he'd lift his head up like nobody's business and turn it the other way on my chest... and he was barely 32weeks gestation. Great job Coy!(although you have to be careful w/ that dang tube... hopefully he'll be on CPAP soon!) I am so happy he is taking the milk well and his cultures are good... we'll keep praying for his lungs! I love the pictures of him, he is such a little sweetie! Hang in there, Ann Marie and Chris, we are thinking about you and praying for you!

Anonymous said...

It does my heart good to hear Coy is doing so much better. Please God his progress will continue to be good.

Jenny said...

The pictures are great! We all are praying for you all. I wish I could come by and visit with you all, of course, that would be weird since you don't know me! But I feel like you are a part of my extended church family. Which you are!

Beth said...

Praise the Lord that sweet Coy continues to grow well! Continued prayers for healing and strength. Keeping all of you in my prayers.

The Langland's said...

Awesome! How awesome God is!!! I'm so happy to read how Coy continues to grow, how he continues to except more and more Mommy's milk, and how his blood cultures continue to be negative! I'm still keeping little Coy in my prayers and I just know some day you are going to get all the kangaroo time you want and you WILL watch this little boy become a high school graduate!!! You have a little fighter and I bet before too long, you'll be chasing him around trying to catch up!
Praying for another wonderful day for the two of you to have with your sweet baby boy and for his little lungs to continue to mature.

Esperanza said...

I know that you are amazed by how much milk he can take... Girl... He needs that milk... That is your love in form of milk ... That is all he needs and can take from you... Keep pumping...keep it up girl always thinking on your little peanut so he'll get your pure love... We keep Coy in our prayers as always so he can come back home with you guys sooooonnnnn...
Esperanza Orlando & Liam P.

Unknown said...

He is just so beautiful. I'm still praying!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the music! I am so happy to hear that he is having a better day. Your faith and strength is an inspiration to so many, including myself. My family is praying for your family!

Anonymous said...

Praying for Coy. Praying for the family.

Anonymous said...

Ann Marie and Chris,
Please know that your distant cousins are praying for you and your beautiful baby boy also. What a great website! when mom (aunt Mary Ann) told us about Coy, my heart ached for you. I am due with a boy on April 2nd. Stay strong and keep the faith. Christine and Steve Bruner