Sunday, December 9, 2007

Prayers answered!!!

"You will hold a son in your arms..." 2 Kings 4:16

THANKS BE TO GOD! Yesterday we started giving breastmilk to Coy via a OG tube (goes from his mouth into his stomach), he tolerated all but 1 feeding! That is amazing! He really must like mama's milk ;)!

Today was the best day ever! Every single minute that we get to spend with our son is such a blessing. God is really working on Chris & I; be thankful for what you have, not sad at what is not yours! At first we grieved that our baby wasn't healthy, now we are cherishing every second we get to sit by his side. God has given us a whole week with our baby!

His blood gases have improved since last night, but are not good enough to wean his vent back down to 35 BPM; he's currently set at 50 BPM; he's still only receiving about 21-27% O2 which is awesome! The doctor stopped by to talk to us today and used the word "pleased" to describe how she felt about Coy's progress; that in itself is AMAZING, since these doctors don't use "positive" words EVER.....we'll take what we can get....

Today we got to change his diaper; it took daddy 3 diapers to get our little man clean! As soon as Chris lifted his tiny little legs, Coy peed all over the place; yes, he's tiny, so it's not "a lot" of urine, but enough to make a mess; I got to hold his body up while the nurse changed his blanket! the best day ever!

Coy's under a Bili light due to him being jaundiced, so he was naked for the first hour we were with him; his hands were positioned (by his own will; they were not placed) in a place that boys seem to cherish; daddy thought it was hilarious, mama thought "oh goodness, what have I got myself into???"

Chris never ceases to amaze me in how strong he is; he has been my rock throughout this past week; his personality is just so unique; his mama (& daddy) really raised him right!! Those of you who know Chris well, know that he asks LOTS of questions; I realized this when Jenny was in labor a few weeks ago--"whats a contraction? uterus? placenta? etc "--the nurses literally laugh at loud at him; he asked one of the today what she does on her days off....(he was impressed that she only had to work on the weekends).....he also called the lactation consultant "a lactologist", she was amused....

Please continue to pray for Coy, he is definitely feeling the Lord bless him! We feel so lucky to have him & all of you for all your support and continued prayer!!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad to have found these updates! I have been praying for y'all and will keep it up. Coy is precious and you guys are doing a wonderful job. I pray this week holds many victories!
Much love,
Amanda Moore Jones

marissa said...

So happy to hear the good news. My whole family (cameron, my mom, dad and even my inlaws) are continously praying for you all and for Coy to get strenger each day. Thanks for the constant updates. I look forward to reading them everyday and hearing that Coy is growing each day and getting better.... God is truly watching over him and your family.

La Queta said...

Hi Ann Marie & Chris! Coy, is so precious I’m praying that god will continue to heal him and make him strong. Keep your Faith just speak it and believe it and it’s already done. God is using you guys in a victorious way. LaQueta Williams (Mark 11: 22-24)

Joy said...

So excited to hear the good news about your precious baby boy! This morning while I was praying for Coy this verse came to mind and I wanted to share it with y'all....

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you will singing."
Zephaniah 3:17

Praying for you guys daily!

Steph V said...

Yea! Praise HIM. What a wonderful update to read this early in the morning. Well...it's really not early anymore but I am still in pajamas.

Is it not just amazing the works of our Lord and how many other things we realize while going through such hard times? You are both so blessed to have one another and Coy to have such an amazing mommy and daddy. Husbands are truly a blessing and such rocks for us women!!

Keep us posted and our prayers continue...

David Pistorius said...

That is amazing news. We are so glad that you have had an entire week with Coy, and pray that you will get to see him for many years to come.

Please let us know if there is ever anything that we can do to help.

chelsburleson said...

hey ann marie and chris!
crystal elwell passed this site on to me today, and you guys are in my prayers! coy is a darling! our god is so faithful and loving, and i can tell that he is holding coy in his sweet embrace. take care...love ya.

your sis in christ,
chelsea burleson

Unknown said...

Hey guys, I was so excited to hear you were expecting, and so devastated to hear the little guy was here so soon. My sister sent me an email from the Cy Falls FCA. I will be praying for all three of you at 2:48 as well. I pray that God gives Coy the strength to make it through this difficult time, and I pray that God grants you all patience and peace in your hearts. "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped." Psalm 28:7-9

Anonymous said...

I have just visited the site on little Coy and I am so touch by your faith and love for God!!
I am so proud and happy for your family that little Coy has been an answered prayer. I am Judy McCaghren, Tyler's computer lab teacher. I saw his Coy T-shirt today and he told me about this web site. How wonderful to have just a gift from God. I also know that feeling. I have three wonderful daughters, but I lost my baby girl Marcy to a car accident in April of 2005. The last 3 years have been very hard but so much harder if Marcy had not been the wonderful christain girl that she was. I am so thankful to have kept her for 19 years. I just wanted you to know your story touch my heart and I love how you give God the Glory. So I rejoice with you and share the love of a Mother and know how your heart is so full of wonder as you watch your boys grow.
They are preious gifts and I am so glad you reconize that. They are very blessed to have great parents like you and Chris Judy McCaghren