Saturday, December 8, 2007

Prayer requests

We know you all are praying and praying, beating down the Lords' door.....here are some specific things we ask you to pray for ......

  • his digestive tract continues to grow & mature, he tolerates his feeds, battling against a disease called NEC, which will infect his GI tract
  • pray against brain bleeds; a bleed in his brain can cause great damage; pray his blood pressure stays stable, so he can regulate the pressure in his brain
  • pray his lungs continue to mature; that he exhales enough CO2 & takes in enough oxygen to keep his Ph within acceptable limits; that are able to wean his ventilator & that they see lungs in a 24 weeker they've never seen before
  • that he maintains his temperature & they are able to wean off the humidity when able
  • that God protects him from infection
  • to keep him from harm; allow him to be content & pain free
  • that the doctors are AMAZED at his progress!!!! this is after all Gritman's son!!!

please continue to pray for Coy! he is feeling the effects of it as Jesus is by his side! we love you & thank you!

7 comments:

Tricia said...

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I will pray for Coy, as well as for you, as parents. For you to have the strength and stamina to handle each day the best you possible can.

Our strength as parents is truely tried at times like this. No one ever imagines that it would be their child. Then when it is the heartache and pain are almost unreal. Our situations with our children are quite different. However, I do know what it is like to wake up every morning and pray that your child makes it through the day. Stay positive. And remember no matter what, that medicine can only do so much. Love and prayers do the rest. I know this every time I bring my three-year-old (almost four!) into the doctor, and they look at her in awe and say, "She shouldn't be alive. No one have lived passed one year." The only answer I have for them is that I wake up each morning and pray.

Steph V said...

thank you so much for this post, i love detailed prayers...blame it on my ocd.

i have copied and printed this post and passed it out to my playgroups, my mom, and all those who have wanted updated. please know you are wrapped in prayers.

wade and ashley said...

Wade and I will be praying for Coy, and for all of you to keep your faith strong. I think we all share the same mindset that the fact that he is here, and breathing on his own, says so much about his strength and determination. God is defnintely watching over him! :)

Orlagh said...

I will keep you in my prayers! God bless you and your family.

Melissa M. Williams said...

I have been praying for strength for your baby boy and everyone involved in his life journey. I lit a candle at St. Patricks yesterday for Coy. Continue to trust God and stay faithful that He will watch over your family each day.

marissa said...

We are continuously praying for you, your family and Coy. Many others are praying as well. God is good and is holding Coy in His hands and will help guide him through everything. He will also bless you with the strength you need to wake up each day and the faith to believe Coy will continue to grow and get stronger each and every day. May you find the courage and peace you need to get through each day and God Bless your baby boy...

Sara and Thomas said...

I truely believe that in situations as this, God is shining his strength and love on your family. We love all of you, and want you to know we are here for you both!