Monday, March 30, 2009

updates...

Today I had another check up at the OB. It went much better than I had expected! Praise Jesus! My doctor is so comforting and really takes time to hear all my concerns (and there's a lot of them)! He said my cervix is still nice and closed and thinks at this point we're doing good. He said he is not concerned with my contractions until they're over 6 per hour, and at that point I'll be admitted into the hospital. Until then,(hopefully it never happens!) I'll be hanging out at home, praying, resting, hydrating, and monitoring.

Since, I've had more time on my hands lately, I decided the blog needed a spring cleaning. And, since I've been hearing so much about Twitter lately, I decided to join and make quick updates every now & then (you can see them on the right side of the page). Also, a sweet friend Allison, was so kind to make a Pray for Ann Marie button on the right side of the page. You can copy & paste the HTML code onto your blog if you'd like!

Coy is still doing wonderful. He stayed at his Grandma & Grandpa K's last night and said 'mama' for the first time! I missed it! When Chris told me this morning, my eyes welled up with tears. I miss him and I miss taking care of him and I feel guilty that I can't. I know it's only temporary, and I know we couldn't be more blessed with those taking care of him, but it's still difficult being away from him. My spirits lifted, when Coy got home this evening,crawled into our room, pulled up on the bed and said "mama." I was so happy to hear that! =)

Thanks again for all your love & support! We couldn't get through this without all the encouraging words and prayers!

8 comments:

Vicki Willis said...

Ann Marie, so glad to hear your dr. appt. went well today. I'd say our prayers are working! And I bet your heart jumped for joy when you heard Coy say "Mama"! Glad to see you're making good use of your bedrest. I know it must be hard having to stay in bed and having to be away from your little man from time to time. But you've always had such a great attitude that has inspired me and many others who read your blog. Keep that sweet, uplifting spirit of yours. The time will go by before you know it. Your healthy baby girl will be here and the four of you will be together as a happy little family. With love and many prayers, Vicki

Jessica said...

Your blog up date looks great, I will add your button to my page!!

I am glad you got a wonderful update about baby sister!! :)

jennyhope said...

This is my first visit to your blog but has anyone told you that you may have an incompetent cervix and that you need a cervical cerclage?

My first child died premature and I had a ton of complications with my second. I even had a cerclage in and she tried to come early. My body just can't hold pregnancies.

Praying!!!

Lauren said...

So glad to hear that your doc's appointment went well. I am praying for you and your family, and that you will carry this baby looong past viability! Hang in there Anne Marie.

Lauren

Catherine said...

Ann Marie,
Hi, Ive been following your blog and praying for your family since Coy was born. I think we actually went to high school together, a few years a part. I graduated in 98 from Cyfalls.
Ive commented before but I just thought I' send many prayers your way! God bless you, your family and your little baby girl!
Catherine

Hilary said...

Glad you Dr. appointment went good!! How sweet that Coy said Mama!! :) Still praying for you and little missy...

Chris & AnnMarie said...

Jenny,

I had a cerclage placed at 13 weeks; hoping & praying it works!

I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter.

Ann Marie

Vicki Willis said...

Ok, Coy, now say, "Vicki". That's "Vi-key". Or I'll answer to "Bicki" or "Micki" or WHATEVER! C'mon Coy! You can do it!!!! :)