Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pregnancy update

It seems that we've hit a few road bumps in the pregnancy lately. My weekly visits have turned into bi-weekly. My back started hurting at 16 weeks or so, then the GI upset began a few days later. This alarmed me of course, because I had the same symptoms when pregnant with Coy. Since we had no dignosis for Coy's early arrival, any and all symptoms I experience are taken seriously.

A few days ago, i started having random braxton hicks contractions. I was started on oral terbutaline and ordered to bedrest. Thank goodness for our amazing family that have been taking wonderful care of Coy! We are so blessed to be so loved and cared for. One of the toughest things in this is not being able to care for my little man. I still get to snuggle with him as much as possible and he even gave me a kiss yesterday! So sweet!

Despite rest, terbutaline, and lots of fluid, the contactions have continued to be worrisome. I was told to expect some uterine irritation due to the fact that my uterus already has a large incision in it. Today, my doctor thought my cervix felt "soft & short". Not words I was wanting to hear. He sent me for a cervical length ultrasound and the results were better than expected! My cervix is greater than 3 cm (I don't remember the exact number) but the ultrasound tech told me it was good. What a relief to hear that!

The game plan now is to get a home contraction monitor, continue the progesterone injections weekly, oral terbutaline q6h, magnesium every 4 hours, and complete bed rest except for bathroom privileges. At this point in the game, if anything takes a turn for the worst, it's still considered a "miscarriage". Terrible, I know, because our baby girl is fully formed, kicking, and filping all the time. If things continue this way, I will most likely be hospitalized from week 20 on. And, honestly, that would be a relief for me. I'd much rather be monitored super close, then be at home and have 30 minute drive to the hospital. Of course, I would miss Chris & Coy terribly, but know they'd visit often.

My doctor looked at me today and said "don't worry, we're gonna get you to 28 weeks.". I told him to not say that unless he really felt that way, which he reassured me he really did. Of course our goal is at least 36 weeks, and I'm not giving up on that. I will do whatever it takes to avoid the NICU again, but the rest is in God's hands. He has given me a peace and that is all I'm clinging to now. I'll be sure to update more often because I really hate that people worry about me.

Some scriptures I've been praying over this pregnancy are: Psalm 91:10-12, Isaiah 44:2, 1 Samuel 1:27, Ephesians 4:27, 1 Peter 5:7, Isaiah 41:11, and Psalm 112:7. If you'd be willing, please pray these scriptures for me! We are so appreciative!

14 comments:

Jess said...

We will keep you and your baby girl in our prayers! Keep up the faith and hold tight to that peace.Just as Coy was a fighter I am sure your baby girl will fight.

Anonymous said...

I will keep you and your baby girl in my prayers.

Jodi said...

Please please please keep us updated. I have been praying and praying for you and wondering how you are doing. If you get bored on bed rest (and you will because I know you'll make it to 36 weeks or very very close) feel free to email me if you can. Thinking and praying for your family and that precious baby girl.

mamama said...

John and I will be praying for your family and especially for your pregnancy. It was great to see you the other day at TEAM Approach!

Love,
Kelly Ma

Jason and Shari said...

We will be praying for you all. I know that this little girl will be a fighter because you are all fighters. God is watching over you and that sweet baby girl. He has a plan and you just have to trust in him. Keep us up to date on any and all prayer request.

Dawn H said...

Many prayers for you and your baby girl. Trust in God and he will see you thru all of this. I know being on bedrest is tough and you are very lucky to have such a great family there to help out. Continued prayers for all.

Erin said...

sister....I am praying! I'll get all of Montana praying for you and that sweet baby girl...and for Coy and Chris to take good care of their girls :)

marissa said...

My whole family is praying for you guys, your pregnancy and for that precious little one growing inside you (as well as her adorable big brother!) I asked all my blog readers to be praying for you guys as well, so just know God is listening and He hears all the cries for your baby girl. Thank you for the update and please keep us posted on what is going on, when you have time. God is good.... keep holding on to Him and believe He knows what He is doing.

Anonymous said...

Hi AnnMarie. I work at the Kolkhorst office for Bob Allen and wanted to tell you that i pray for you and your family on a regular basis. You and your family are really an inspiration to us all. Your strength alone is a testament... I will continue my prayers for the new baby. Wishing you well, Misty Umholtz

Renee and Daniel said...

Ann Marie- I am praying for you, your baby girl and your whole family. Keep your faith. All my love.

Meli n Pat said...

Prayers sent from a sister in Christ.

Anonymous said...

Ann Marie, I will certainly pray those Bible verses for you and your baby girl. I know that your faith in God will help you get through this. I really believe that if God has given you a peace about this pregnancy, then he wants you to cling to that and trust Him as you have with everything else. I'm sure it must be very hard that you can't pick up Coy, but treasure those kisses and snuggles with him. And it is indeed a blessing to have such wonderful family and friends who give you so much help and support.

With love and prayers for all of you, Vicki

hallegracesmama said...

I found your blog through Kyle's last year...don't know if I've commented or not, but we have very similar stories...thought I'd give you some hope! My daughter was born at 23w5d (incompetent cervix)...like Coy she is a complete miracle...she just turned four! And then last July, after I endured preterm labor beginning at week 12, was placed on permanent hospital bedrest at 19wks, on a terb pump and mag a few times, etc, etc...105 days later I delivered two healthy twin boys! Praying that your precious girl continues to bake for many more months too!

Melissa said...

Sweet friend, I am praying!