Friday, March 27, 2009

new pictures/bedrest day 2

Coy loves to play with Chris's golf clubs. Of course he can't really do much with it, but he's really proud of himself when he gets hold of one. Here are some pics from last weekend when we had some fun outside.


Coy saw his GI doctor on Monday and we got a great report. He thought his weight was good (19 lbs 8 oz) however decided to switch him from his regular formula to Pediasure. I can't believe we're done with formula! Well, sort of! He said we could also try whole milk mixed with Carnation Instant breakfast for the extra calories and nutrients, since it's alot cheaper. Of course, Coy would rather have the Pediasure! =)
Day two of bedrest is done. I did two, 1 hour monitoring sessions which showed only 1 contraction between the two of them. It's actually a really cool thing...once I record for an hour, I send the tracing through a phone line, and a nurse usually calls me within 10 minutes with the results. Please continue to pray that the contractions stop all together and my cervix isn't changing. Obviously, it's common for pregnant women to have Braxton Hicks contractions, however, the problem comes when they're actually changing your cervix (thinning/dilating). Therefore, they're not really BH anymore, but preterm labor. That's what we're trying to avoid/prevent/stop. I go back to the doctor on Monday afternoon and hopefully we'll get another cervical ultrasound. As of tomorrow, I'm 18w3d. So, still really early for all this to be starting. But, I am not doubting that we will get through this. The thought of losing our baby girl or enduring another NICU stay gives me this anxiety/fear that I can hardly process. I am casting all of that to God and believing in His word.
"If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, Move
from here to there, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for
you."
Matthew 17:20

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Thinking of you. I'm wondering why the cervix isn't always checked with Braxton Hicks contractions? I went into the hospital the week before Olivia and Logan were born with contractions and they didn't check it (I even had an ultrasound.) Is there a special type of ultrasound that they have to use to check your cervix. I've always wondered why they didn't see that it was shortening. . .that has always angered me.

Thinking and praying for you every day!!

Chris & AnnMarie said...

Jodi,
They can do a cervical length ultrasound to see if your cervix is shortening. I'm so sorry this wasn't done for you. It's frustrating to think things weren't done that possibly could have delayed/prevented their early birth. A lot of times though, doctors easily dismiss symptoms like BH because they are so common. Every symptom of PTL I had with Coy was dismissed as "normal". It's hard to think about!