Sunday, September 21, 2008

big miracle

We continue to be blessed by the good Lord with our sweet little angel. He's growing and changing everyday and his personality is really developing! I really can't believe how fast he's growing!

Coy, my mom, sister (she's 24 weeks pregnant!), and I were at Babies R Us today and Coy was just talking up a storm. My mom noticed his tooth was sticking up further and pointed it out to me. For some reason, I thought to myself, "oh, my gosh, my baby has a tooth, he's growing up too fast!" Of course, this brought tears to my eyes. And, I'm really not a cry-er--I didn't cry when I got engaged, didn't cry when I got married, didn't cry when I discovered I was pregnant--it's not that I'm not happy, I'm just not a cry-er. But seeing my baby's tooth--that made me cry! I remember those days so clearly when I didn't think he was going to make it out of the hospital, and now, he's the greatest most beautiful blessing I could have ever wished and hoped for!

Coy has started something new that also brings tears to my eyes....he's grabbing his feet! Oh my gosh, I can't tell you how happy I was to see this. It's an important milestone and we worked so hard with him...and finally, he did it! He is just an amazing little man. We are now working on sitting up! Due to Hurricane Ike, we unfortunately had to reschedule two therapy appointments. I am eager to see how his evaluation is this month. He's muscle tone is still slightly tighter than normal, however, it is improving with massage. We massage his arms and legs twice a day with lotion and stretch him out! It really is important for me to remember, "all babies develop at their own rate." I can get a little panic-y when I think he's falling behind....but he always seems to amaze me and do things on his own schedule. Please pray for Coy's continued development and growth! He's now 15 lbs 14 oz...and definitely has grown in length (although I don't have a recent length).

We don't have much going on this week...just lots of playing! Some things Coy loves these days...his exersaucer, all his teething toys, smiling, laughing at Sugar Pie & Dixie, squealing, talking, playing with his feet, and flirting with all the girls! =)

Here are some pics of him playing in his Bumbo seat today...






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks sooooo happy! What an amazing little man indeed! You are all still in my prayers. Love, Vicki

Elizabeth Myatt said...

I have been following your blog for sometime and should have left you a comment before now. Found your blog through Joseph's...a week or so before Coy came home from the hospital. I pray for your family often and have been so encouraged by your love for your son. I must say, in these pictures...he looks great. I would never know all that he had been through. Chubby, happy, sparking blue eyes...how proud you must be. You have done a great job with him and I have so enjoyed following his progress. I love stories of people that defy the odds...can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for your Coy! By the way, you are an excellent writer, you should pursue that gift. Take care-
Elizabeth

Steph V said...

Well Ree, I am a cry-er and this post made me cry! It's such an amazing experience for any mom. It breaks my heart and excites me all the same that in a month we will be celebrating MacKenzie's 1st birthday and she's been healthy (not easy but healthy) from day one. I can't begin to imagine the joy that seeing Coy grow and strive brings to your soul. You deserve so many blessings - you are such an incredible and loving mother. Coy is beyond blessed to have parents that love him so much and fought, prayed, rejoiced, and served God so much!!!

You guys are just the most precious and encouraging thing! I miss visiting with you at Bible study. I hope we can all get together soon!!!

Love,
Stephanie

Hilary said...

AWWW he is getting so big and a tooth..wow!! How exciting that you get to be an Aunt too :) Coy continues to be a miracle..

Damon, Megan and Jaxson Black said...

It is so good to hear everything is going so well. Coy is absolutely adorable and looks so healthy! Congratulations on the new tooth. I have a 2 month old and watching him sometimes brings tears to my eyes too. You can check him out at JaxBlack.blogspot.com. I look forward to reading about all Coy's new milestones. Aren't they amazing?

Anonymous said...

wow, he looks like his daddy in the middle picture. I am also not a cryer but its the little things that our children do that touch us the most. I just can't believe he has come so far along, God is amazing!

Juliette said...

It delights my heart to hear how good Coy is doing. He sure is a cutie!

Julie