Thursday, July 10, 2008

Long Overdue Update

Sorry for my absence lately. We have been SO busy! And, on top of that, I took a 3 day hiatus from the World Wide Web. I know it sounds silly, but trust me, it was much needed. Recently, I found myself always searching the Internet for info, looking at other blogs, and checking my email way too much! In church this past Sunday, our Pastor asked everyone to fast for 3 days, eating only beans and rice. Instead of fasting from food, I decided to fast from the Internet. Trust me, over the past few days, I was eager and anxious to get online, but I discovered all the things I can get accomplished (when Coy's napping, of course) when I keep my computer closed!

Coy is growing and changing by the day. He's now 12 lbs 8 oz and is the cutest thing I've ever seen. There are many times when I look at him and still get overwhelmed with emotion. I wake up some days and see this beautiful baby sucking on 4 fingers at once with this huge smile on his face when he looks at me and think, "Wow, he's really perfect." There were many times throughout his NICU stay where I remember begging, "Okay God, I don't care if he has any developmental delays, I don't care if there's anything wrong with him, but please just let him live and come home with us." Not only did God give him life, but He healed him through and through. Coy is beyond perfect.

Coy had another Physical Therapy evaluation (with a private PT) on Monday. She continues to be amazed at his development. He played and played for almost an hour. She said she's never had a baby be so content and play for almost an entire hour without becoming fussy. He's right on track developmentally for his corrected age. Sara, the therapist, thinks Coy is very close to rolling over! We are working on it at home! Needless to say, he is WAY more active these days and keeps our hands full!

Today we had another visit to see the great, Dr. Hittner. She said Coy's eyes are looking good and he can go another month before the next follow up. That was music to my ears....that visit always makes me VERY nervous.

Coy's sleep study is scheduled for the 31st of July. Until then, we don't have any more appointments (that I can think of right now.) He is now continually off oxygen. We stopped using the Apnea monitor about 1.5 months ago because it is basically useless. He does sleep with the Pulse Ox on his foot however. This is so we can still be awoken if something was happening, but usually, the three of us sleep peacefully through the night. Two night ago, Coy slept from 830pm to 8am! That was nice!

We are still so overwhelmed and grateful for all of your love and support. We are so blessed. We love you all.

(I finally got my smile!)






Look at that belly!

10 comments:

marissa said...

oh my gosh! he is absolutely beautiful!! a mini-chris for sure. =) i am soooo happy things are going well and God is continuing to bless Coy and your family. it's so wonderful to come to your blog and read such wonderful news. what a way to start the day!!!

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful - almost as beautiful as my granddaughter! Praying for you every morning.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! You can feel God's love just by looking at him! Thank you for your inspirational blog...

Anonymous said...

He is such an amazing example of God's work and His miracles!! It is such a joy to see him getting bigger by the day and hear that he is doing so well!!!

Ashley said...

Coy is just truly a miracle and joy to follow his story! He is an absolute doll! It sounds like things are going so well. And... becoming overwhelmed with emotion when you look at him...never goes away! Well, at least it hasn't for me yet and Charlie is 18 months!It is so wonderful to be a part of creating such perfection! You are an amazing Mom and God has blessed you and Chris with an angel. I feel inspiration every time I read your blog :)

Ashley (Hayes) Farrell

amy said...

Oh my goodness-- that smile makes my heart melt! I can't stop thanking God for your sweet miracle baby. He's precious and perfect. God is good! What an encouragement your story is to SO many!
Amy (Bromley) Owen :)

Erin said...

For some reason I thought soooooooo much about Coy last night. I really feel like his life has shown so many people about God's love and the power of prayer...your blog has probably changed people's lifes!

Anywho, what a looker you have on your hands!!!!!!!!! He's so perfect :)

Anonymous said...

Coy looks so beautiful Praise God from whom all blessings flow.Iam so glad he is doing so well.God is good all the time.God bless you all.We are still praying in Nashville

Unknown said...

so handsome!!!

i just found out today.
im having a boy too.

Jess said...

he's absolutely gorgeous Ann Marie, I'm rejoicing to the heavens for you guys and praying for continued good health, can't wait to meet him!!!