Sunday, May 4, 2008

weekend update

"I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me. When I was in
distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands and my soul
refused to be comforted. I remembered you, O God, and I groaned; I mused, and my spirit grew faint. You kept my eyes from closing; I was too troubled to speak. I
thought about the former days, the years of long ago; I remembered my songs in
the night. My heart mused and my spirit inquired: Will the Lord reject forever?
Will he never show his favor again? Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has
his promise failed for all time? Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has he in
anger withheld his compassion? Then I thought, "To this I will appeal: the years
of the right hand of the Most High." I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes,
I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will mediate on all your works and
consider all your mighty deeds. Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great
as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among
the peoples. With your mighty arm you redeemed the descendants of Jacob and
Joseph." Psalm 77:1-15

I love this Psalm! How perfect!

Now another scary incident to report....(we really need your prayer of protection right now!) On Friday afternoon (about 1pm) I witnessed two men walking through the yard of my neighbor directly across the street (they looked as if they were coming from the back yard, although I didn't actually see them come from the back yard.) A car was waiting in front of our house driven by a lady and the two men got in and they left. THIS WAS REALLY SUSPICIOUS and my gut feeling instantly told me something wasn't right. I had a friend over who had just left minutes before, so I called her and asked if a lady was waiting in her car on our street. My friend said yes, there was a woman in her car waiting in front of the mailbox just down the street from us (she just thought the lady was checking her mail.) I asked my friend to come back and drive around looking for this car--she did, and found it close by, driving slowly, without a license plate on the front or back (she didn't follow them two long, just long enough to see which direction that were headed)! Red Flag! I called the police, told them what I saw, not knowing if anything had actually happened because I didnot see them carrying anything, but wanting to be sure. Two police officers show up at my house within minutes, and I was actually thinking to myself, "oh great, they're gonna think I'm wasting their time, because I didn't actually see anything..." I told them what I saw, they were very understanding and agreed that something didn't seem right. The police officers then went to check things out across the street; sure enough, a back window had been busted out, and the house was ransacked. Geezzz...this is twice within two weeks, right next door and directly across the street.

So, the police leave and attempt to find the car (I got a good look at it) and suspects. No luck. I am not as scared, but just absolutely angry, that people actually live this way. Go get a JOB! Do something with your life! If they come to my house, I have two very loud, 5lb guard dogs that hear and see everything! My husband is a hunter, so we do have guns in the house, I would never want to use these, but gosh, I'm starting to think I better know how! That's really sad! You all probably think we live in a bad part of town, we don't! Our area is very new, nice, and family oriented! By the way, no one was home across the street, and they didn't have an alarm. The police estimate the suspects were in the house for about 45 minutes...they took jewelery, money, and bank documents. I only saw the people for a few seconds after my dogs started barking very loudly at the door....I'm glad I did because they have two young children that come home from school about 3pm, they would have walked into their house destroyed....the police think my friend leaving our house frightened the woman waiting in the car, because within minutes, the men were exiting the house. Anyway---please pray for protection over our house! We really need it right now! I NEVER would have imagined something like this happening in our neighborhood!

On to Coy....he weighed in at 7lb14oz this morning! He's such a big boy! He is fascinated with things these days, loves looking at light especially. Here are a few pictures from this weekend....

Me with my two very ferocious guard dogs, Dixie and Sugar Pie....





"Mr. Milk Man"
"I love my play mat!"



"Okay, Mom, I quit, please take me out of this thing..."
"I love my daddy!"



I took a picture of Coy's first diaper and shirt next to a 3x5 index card....look how far God has brought him!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very creepy.....good thing you are home during the day - that is probably why no one has come to your house. I do believe that there are guardian angels around and I pray that yours are extra vigilant!

Amanda said...

I am so disturbed by what has been happening around you! How freaky. Maybe the police will start patrolling the area better.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately it does not matter where you live anymore. My husband is a police officer so I hear really scary stories all the time. Once a house has been broke into the cops aren't in a big hurry to get there because the buglars are probably long gone. On the other hand if you saw them just leave and have some kind of description they will be right there. They want to catch them! They will be patrolling your area more I'm certain. I'm sorry this is happening around you. I will be praying for protection over your family.

My daughter weighed 7lbs 14oz at birth. I look back at pictures of her and she looked so small. I can only imagine how you will feel when you look back when Coy was 2lbs. He is a blessing and a miracle! God has definately brought y'all a long way! As always you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Melissa Ashworth

Muggle Mom said...

that is so scary! break-ins are happening alot in our area too. prayers for safety!

and i love the picture with the index card. WOW!!! amazing!

Coolestmommy said...

Will continue to pray for your protection. It's happening more all over. They target 'family areas' because often both husband and wife work. Way to trust your instinct!

Now can you put Coy by the 3x5 card so I can see how big he is compared to a short while ago??

~j~ said...

o.k. time to pray for those angeles to be encamped around your property! i am so sad that we have to be concerned about these things at all especially in a place where we are supposed to feel safe but sadly we have to remain alert at all times in all things... i am sure your husband is not very happy about you and coy being home alone during this time. Good job keeping on top of what is going on in your neighborhood.
Great pictures as always, Coy is absolutely precious and is he growing or what?!!
love to you all,
julia

Melissa M. Williams said...

Well, Ree...I will definitely be praying for angels over your house. But, I do agree about self protection! Obviously... it WAS my father who scheduled our squad a self defense class in high school.

I think it may be time to take a little trip down to Hot Wells! It's always nice to know how to use one. :O) Boy these people really get under my skin!!!! I'm glad you went with your gut instinct.

The pictures of Coy are so great! I can't believe how big he is getting!

Take care,
Melissa

Jodi said...

Bless your heart. .We will be praying for you. Last July, my husband and I found that the side of our house was spray-painted with words that I won't repeat. A few weeks later, numerous cars in our neighborhood were broken into. Our neighborhood is only a few years old as well and is very quiet and peaceful. I don't understand some people in this world.

abby said...

That's so scary! I hope everything is okay in your neck of the woods and that the cops track these thieves down post haste. I also don't understand what makes some people act in such heinous, immoral, and obviously wrong ways!