Sunday, March 2, 2008

4 pounds!

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, to the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever." Psalm 30:11-12

Coy weighs 4 lbs and is 17 in long! I can hardly believe that he is so big! He's "maturing" into a term baby more and more each day; he is waking up hungry, sucking on his fingers and he has a new trick now--he can keep his pacifier in his mouth all by himself. This entertains Chris and I to no end; we just crack up at him. We were able to give him a bath tonight; he really likes baths and we really enjoy bathing him. He is now taking every other feeding by a bottle. He is doing so well; he sucks them down in 15 minutes and is still hungry for more!! It is tricky to feed him though; he can easily "brady" or desat if he gets "ahead" of himself--I am getting more and more confident with feeding him; Chris has fed him once; soon, we'll both be pros. We finally got his holter report back--Pedi Cardio said it looks good; nothing they are worried about; we will just need to follow up with them one month after discharge.

Tomorrow will be a big day for us...Coy is moving to Level 2. I have mixed feelings about this. I am excited because this means we are closer to going home, but I am anxious about meeting new nurses. Coy has had wonderful Level 3 primary nurses who we love and who love him. We are going to be sad to leave them. He is also changing nurse practioners; we will miss them too; they have been very supportive; he will now be assigned to a less critical team; please pray for this transition to go well!

We are so thankful to have spent an amazing day with our baby boy. We are beyond blessed to have spent these past 13 weeks with Coy. God is so good. Let's all praise him!

Here are some pictures from this weekend....

Chris feeding Coy for the first time...




How Coy felt about Daddy's bottle feeding skills...


Mommy and Coy...


So content after Mommy feeding him...


After his bath tonight...

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What GREAT and AWESOME news - moving to level 2! Yes, ya'll are closer to going home. How fabulous that will be! I loved the pictures! He is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

What awesome news! I'm so happy for you! Coy is such a handsome little man! He looks like he has red hair!!!!
~M

Reyne said...

He is so adorable! Thanks for sharing the pictures. It's hard to believe he weighs 4 lbs! He is just packing on the weight now - that's terrific. I'm sure the move tomorrow will go smoothly and the nurses and everyone will be just as wonderful as they were in level III. That just means you are that much closer to taking that precious baby home with you! Congratulations on great news!
Love and prayers,
Reyne

Anonymous said...

okay, annemarie and chris, I've kept up with the blog and with my parents for info since coy was born and have shared it with many, but tonight I told the missions organization that I'm involved in and they were all just so happy and moved with me when I told the story of my cousin's life. it was really really cool. hope to see yall soon (and to meet my cousin at some point of course!) Ill keep the prayers up!

♥-Carolyn

Juliette said...

Coy looks so adorable. I just love all the pictures. He is growing and getting bigger and stronger by the day. You will be taking him home before too long.
I remember transitioning from the critical care nursery to the "recovery level" nursery. I felt like you...excited about this huge step towards home but sad to leave the nurses and nursery I so loved. I even teased the nurses that if they wanted, we would stay until he was 2 as long as they potty trained him before we went home.

I'm so happy for you. You are great parents, and you have an awesome little boy.

Love,
Julie

Esperanza said...

I told you girl... the due day is approaching so fast... soon you will walking the streets of our neighborhood with your little peanut and his two sisters... I can not wait to see it... I also noticed how many people has logged in on Australia... amazing... all aroung the world ...isn't it that amazing???? lots and lots of people praying for your little peanut... amazing...Off course God heard us... he is an excelent listener... I am so happy..we are all so happy for Coy... Yeah Coy..we all love you... and so handsome Ann Marie...like his papa...sorry but it is the true...jaja
We are keep praying ...
Esperanza Orlando & Liam Penaloza

Anonymous said...

This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it !!4 lbs. Praise God .The picture of Coy after Chris fed him was priceless .He looked like he was raising his hands in worship.I do pray that he will come to know the Lord at a very yong age and that God will use him in a mighty way for His Kingdom.God bless you all.

marissa said...

How wonderful!! I hope the move goes smoothly and you find you love his new nurses and dr's just as much as the ones you have now. I'm so happy to hear he is gaining weight so well. My youngest (Jace - 8 1/2) months was born at 36 weeks 5lbs 3oz and he hasn't had a problem with weight since then...ha! He now weighs what my older son (Hank - 4 years old) weighed at 1 year.... around 19 lbs! ha. I have a feeling Jace might end up being the "bigger" brother. We are all still praying for Coy and his team of dr's and nurses. Thanks again for posting updates.... I love starting my day with reading about Coy. =)

Anonymous said...

Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy down in MY HEART!!!

Jenny said...

I'm so happy for you! I know you will fall in love with your new nurses and they will fall in love with Coy!

Muggle Mom said...

woohoo!!!! love that last pic! he's actually getting chubby cheeks! i love it!

Anonymous said...

WOW - Level 2!!! That is an amazing accomplishment, we are thrilled for you! Your blog is so encouraging, and I look forward to each night that I can check for an update. I think God put you in this situation to minister to others. I know that my relationship with God is stronger because of you. Thank you.
- Kim

Coolestmommy said...

What awesome news and great pictures. God is so good and I'm blessed to follow Coy's journey. He's such a beautiful baby and the added weight looks so good on him.

Melissa M. Williams said...

Congrats to level two! This is great news and I will pray for Coy's transition. I just can't believe how obvious it is that he has grown so much in those pictures. It sounds like he has got a big personality too!
You're in my prayers,
Melissa

Ann Glowacki said...

Ann Marie and Chris,

Wonderful news!!! I'm sure the level 2 nurses will be great, they were some of my favorites when Jaxson was there. His level 3 nurses would always come and visit him too, they loved him and missed him when he left! I'm sure that will be the case for Mr. Coy. :) Great news on cardiology and his feedings! Sounds like he's just really wanting to go home with mommy and daddy soon! Keep it up! Still praying for lots of good news and progress...

Love,
Ann, Shawn, and Jaxson

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, AnnMarie and Baby Coy, this is Todd (the good lookin' one with dark hair) Just wanted to let you know that you have a beautiful baby boy and our prayers are with you. We can't wait to meet him.

The Kolkhorsts