Wednesday, February 13, 2008

quick update

"I lift my eyes to the hills where does my my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2

Thanks to all for the continued support, thoughts, concern, and prayers! We are very grateful to you all! Coy had a pretty good day considering the circumstances. He is still trying to shake off the anesthesia; he became more alert throughout the day but is not back to "himself" yet. His vent support is minimal and he was on 21% oxygen most of the day; we need him to "perk" back up to go to CPAP; please continue to pray for this! We had a big scare last night with the 2am phone call from the Neonatologist; Coy is surrounded by awesome nurses and doctors who we are so thankful for; his ET tube came out accidently dropping his heartrate & blood oxygen level; they did call a code on him however were able to reintubate him quickly; please continue to pray that Coy suffers no damage to his vocal cords or lungs with the ET tube/ intubation; pray he stays infection free.

His feedings have been held since surgery; they will most likely restart tomorrow; please pray that Coy tolerates all feedings when restarted!
He wore another Holter monitor yesterday (throughout the surgery & code!); please pray for good results; a heart that beats just as it should....
His urine output has been adequate...he weighed 3lb 4oz...some of this may be fluid retention from surgery...

Please continue to pray for complete and total healing of Coy; thanks for the prayers for Chris & I; we have definetely felt God's peace over the past two days...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers continue. And may the "fiesty" Coy appear tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Still praying... Thanks for the update. I check your blog everyday and pray for Coy.

Ann Glowacki said...

Ann Marie and Chris,

I am so happy that Coy is recovering from the surgery and about Dr. Hittner's good post-op report! What a relief after what you've been through... But I'm so sorry you had a scare last night, I don't know what I would have done. I am so happy that Coy is ok now and recovering. We have thought about him all day today and Shawn even woke me up this morning to tell me (in bed) that "Coy is doing well" (I guess that was before the CPR post)... The prayers and mental hugs will continue for all 3 of you! Hang in there...

Love,
Ann, Shawn, and Jaxson

John and Kelly said...

I have been hearing about what all has been going on... I have been thinking about you guys all day and praying for you from nashville!
I hope to catch up soon. You doing ok?

John

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all night and day. May tomorrow be a great day for Coy.

Holly (Kolkhorst), Paul, Luke, Ella and Aaron Hawryluk

Juliette said...

Prayers continue for Coy. He is an amazing little fighter.

Julie

Anonymous said...

He is a fiesty boy! When Coy is two years old and shows his fiesty spunk...and it gets on your nerves :), remember that it is the same fiesty spunk that saw him thru his early days!

Wishing you God's peace....Rachel

the photoSmith said...

I've been praying for Coy since I found out about the situation from a co-worker. I had a preemie in November and I know how difficult it is. Just remember that our hope is in Jesus! You have such an adorable son and I will continue to pray for his health and peace and rest for your family.

Melissa M. Williams said...

I'm so happy to hear the good news. We all know that angels were watching over Coy last night at 2am. Coy is always on my mind, and I talk about him to others any chance I get, so thank you for all the updates. I pray that God continues to bring you peace today!