Monday, February 25, 2008

fear and joy

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 34: 4
"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34: 17-18

THANK YOU to everyone for the encouraging words! You really pull me out of my "slumps." My always and forever faithful MIL (mother-in-law) reminded me today, "Fear is from Satan." That's all she had to say and I got it. Yep, Fear is from Satan. Satan puts fear in us to rob the joy that God has given. Yep, exactly. God has blessed us in ways that cannot be measured; 12 weeks of life with our baby boy; that's absolutely breathtaking. Joy is all around me; joy is seeing Coy smile, watching him sleep, holding him in my arms, kissing his fingers; God has given us so much joy; Satan will not rob me of this.

Today was AWESOME; full of JOY. My attitude has been refreshed. I am really trying to focus on each day; enjoying each minute; cherishing every second. The first hour I spent with him today, I rubbed the top of his head while he was awake in his house (incubator). He really likes his head rubbed, I think it comforts both of us; his skin is so soft and beautiful. I was able to hold him, swaddled up for 3 hours. He was so content today; just wide awake and looking at everything around him. It really was an awesome day.

His oxygen requirement was btw 21-28% and his feedings were increased to 20cc q3h. We may get to attempt breastfeeding again tomorrow. He needed another suppository (poor guy) to have a bowel movement...It was a success. Coy's doctor told me she was really "pleased" with his progress. She said he looks "really good...." He is 3lb8oz and 16.5 inches long. Please pray for continued healing, continued progress.

Many of you have have thanked us for sharing Coy's journey, but I feel the need to say "Thank you" back for the encouragement, prayers, and wisdom! We are so appreciative.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an absolute precious picture of Coy and his Mommy! I think we ALL need to treasure each day with our loved ones. Yes, it is such a miracle that you have been able to enjoy Coy for this time and hopefully many, many years to come. I do so appreciate your honesty, vulnerability and also humbleness as you go through this (tough at times and joyous at times) journey. I've really appreciated your sweet spirit. I pray that God will bless you and yours richly!

Cherlyn said...

What a sweet photo. I am following your blog now, and praying for your beautiful little boy. :)

~Cherlyn

Juliette said...

You are such an encouragment and inspiration. Thank you for letting God work in you and through you to touch others. I read your posts everyday...it's the first thing I do every morning. Coy is an amazing little boy. He is getting so big and so strong. I wanted to let you know that Ryan (my 23wkr) had to have a suppository almost everyday he was in the NICU. It must be a preemie thing.

I pray for your little one and for your family everyday. You are truely wrapped in the arms God.

Julie

Jenny said...

He is darling! I love checking in on him and getting to take part of his life through prayer. He has really helped me learn to pray more for people I don't know. Thank you for letting us be a part of your life!

Anonymous said...

It is truly awesome how Coy has developed into a little person. I am so happy to see you in the photo with him and it is great to see you so full of joy about him. He is such a treasure to have and hopefully one day you will look back at these days with such happiness in your heart. The good days outweigh the bad days or the not so good days. Wishing you everything positive until you can bring him home for good. Susan

Esperanza said...

Maybe you do not realize but we are thankful for you teaching all of us how to be strong, faithful and humans. I try your approach every day with my Liam... I try just to enjoy every day with him... like it was the last... it make me feel so happy and blessfull... every night I just give thanks to God for the simple and huge thing that it is to be able to spend another day with him... I am soo happy that you are beggining to realize that... at the end of the day, we are just humans with fears and mistakes... and the only thing that we really have is faith in someone above who loves us so much that gives us the present, the love and the joy of our children for another day...
God bless your heart and help you have the straight and wisdom that can hold you every second of the day... As always, be sure that Coy is always, always in our prayers...
Esperanza Orlando & Liam Penaloza

CIrons said...

You are a pillar of strength! I read your blog every morning and have shared your story with many people. Little Coy is such a fighter and a true blessing. Thanks for sharing him!

Anonymous said...

I read your comments everyday and feel your excitement and dispair. God will see you through this and what great parents Coy has. He is so beautiful and a true gift from God. My prayers are always with you. I feel like I know little Coy.

Melissa M. Williams said...

That is exactly right, Ree; God does not want us to be afraid! Last night I came across a few verses and I made notes everywhere in my Bible that said, "send this to Ann Marie." God is truly transforming your heart so that you will trust him and not be afraid! " Wait patiently on the Lord. Be strong and courageous. Yes, wait patiently on the Lord." Psalm 27:14 I thought to myself, this is easier said than done, but then I read Psalm 28: 7..."The Lord is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trust in Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving." Everything good has been given by God. He is on your side and he knows your heart. I pray that God will guard your heart from harm and worry. I am certain that God is smiling down on your faith right now! What an honor it must be to do God's work, and I can't say it enough, but Coy is such a lucky son!
Take care and I will pray for your peace and protection,
Melissa Williams